Vacation Day Hunting, Pulled a Couple Keepers

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a yard permission that I had hunted earlier this summer with the F75. This time I unleashed the Deus :whip2: (still learning). Dug a little clad and a lot of trash to better assist in learning the VDI scale in 12 Khz. Dug way more trash than targets, hoping for Dues's 1st gold.

After hitting the front and side yards, I took a water & cig break. I noticed the neighbor on his back porch and struck up a conversation. Well I don't have to tell you what was on my mind. :icon_thumright: We had a good chat and he gave me a YES!!! :headbang:

He has lived there all but a year since his birth and stated that the property had never been hunted. :hello2: The house was built in the early 1900s. I put the Dues up and grabbed my trusty F75 LTD SE. I hit the front and side yards and only dug clad. I then started on the back yard by the garage and noticed that many VDI groups had been notched out. WTF:violent1: I reset the detector to factory default settings and then re hunted the front and side in a different direction. My 1st good target was the 1945 D nickel. :thumbsup: Moments later the 1949-D quarter appeared in a plug. :coins: After about 2 hours of detecting I showed Dennis what I had found and got the okay to come back anytime I want to finish the back lot. Even though it's a new permission I decided to go finish up the one that I dug that gorgeous silver ring. Pulled a lot of clad, I was hunting the gravel in the garage hopping for a buffalo, Indian or some silver. I did pull the tootsie toy from the yard and finally called it a day.

In the picture, the tile on the left is what I dug with the Deus. The top of the right tile are the new permission finds and the lower right are what I pulled from the last site.

All Today's Finds (less Trash)

20160919_164134.jpg

Today's Keepers

20160919_164220.jpg

It sure feels nice to have two back to back silver days... it's been a while. My goal is 60 for the year and I am only at 31.

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 24
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Loco. Its always good to be on vacation and get in some more detecting time.

Thanks Trez. you got that right. It's my second year in a row that I have taken a week off, after the rush season at work, to unwind and swing the coil.

Thanks Casper

Great hunt Loco! You certainly were busy on your knees! Them stains come out, if we even care :)

Thanks Deepseeker. Glad my knees are still good. I do work them out on the hunts. Stains, what are those? I consider that urban camo.

Very nice Loco.
Congrats on the Silver and the new permission.
You did great on trying to learn the DEUS. I know when you change the frequency, you change the VDI numbers. There is a program that will give the same number regardless of what frequency you are running.
e.g. 64 will be a nickel in 18 hz. In 12 hz., a nickel will register as 55. If you install the common I.D. program , you can have a nickel register 64 in any HZ that you are in.
Congrats on your hunt.

Thanks Kev. The Deus really likes the iron. I use it mainly as a beep and dig since I am using it to clean up older sites.

Great recoveries Loco.

Thanks s.c.

That left tile looks like typical Deus finds...even after you gain some experience. She loves round for sure.

Great silver finds.Tootsies are fun to find too. Looks like a great time was had!

Thanks Deft T, the Deus does ring in high on many iron objects. I will be hunting and checking targets out with both detectors in a future hunt.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't think of a better way to spend a vacation day then a good old fashioned dirt fishing expedition. Nice finds. Congrats!

thanks Evol. glad you agree. 2nd year that I took a week off to mainly unwind and detect.

Congratulations on your finds. Great job getting the extra permission!

Thanks tom, permissions are the way to go around here.

Congrats on the silver and other nice finds

Thanks Art. Hope I can find a sweet field for the fall and pull targets like you dig.

Congrats..:icon_thumright:

Thanks pp

Congrats, keep the silver coming! Hope you hit your goal!

Thanks SD, not giving up, just gotta get more permissions and swing time to make up for the hot & dry Jul-Aug.

Loco you crazy mofo. Nice digs. Keep at it with that deus

Thanks Steve, you and the other BOBS are the crazy ones. Roger that with the Deus.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, Loco. Congrats on the silver and other finds. I love it when I can get a neighbor to talk with me. 9 times out of 10, it lands a new permission! Glad to see you having the same experience!

Thanks Tommy, isn't it funny how some permissions come easier than others. I agree that talking to neighbor of the site you are hunting can be a blessing. I have had plenty walk over to me and volunteer their property after they watched me hunt for a while and we chatted about the hobby and sometimes about their properties history.

Congratz on a nice hunt and pulling some Silver! Gotta love the F75 even after you buy a new toy!

Roger that CC, the F75 is still my go-to machine, but the Deus does have a place in my arsenal.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work Loco, nice finds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Kevin you are the permission master !!!!!! Nice quarter save and nickels I'm going to hit those two abandoned houses this weekend it doesn't look like any one is mowing the grass its more like field grass if you know what I mean thanks for the little push just what I needed!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work Loco, nice finds.

thanks Brad Last week was a hoot.

Good job Kevin you are the permission master !!!!!! Nice quarter save and nickels I'm going to hit those two abandoned houses this weekend it doesn't look like any one is mowing the grass its more like field grass if you know what I mean thanks for the little push just what I needed!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it A2, looking forward to seeing you pull some real keepers from those lots. GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread