Vacation Day Hunting, Pulled a Couple Keepers

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a yard permission that I had hunted earlier this summer with the F75. This time I unleashed the Deus :whip2: (still learning). Dug a little clad and a lot of trash to better assist in learning the VDI scale in 12 Khz. Dug way more trash than targets, hoping for Dues's 1st gold.

After hitting the front and side yards, I took a water & cig break. I noticed the neighbor on his back porch and struck up a conversation. Well I don't have to tell you what was on my mind. :icon_thumright: We had a good chat and he gave me a YES!!! :headbang:

He has lived there all but a year since his birth and stated that the property had never been hunted. :hello2: The house was built in the early 1900s. I put the Dues up and grabbed my trusty F75 LTD SE. I hit the front and side yards and only dug clad. I then started on the back yard by the garage and noticed that many VDI groups had been notched out. WTF:violent1: I reset the detector to factory default settings and then re hunted the front and side in a different direction. My 1st good target was the 1945 D nickel. :thumbsup: Moments later the 1949-D quarter appeared in a plug. :coins: After about 2 hours of detecting I showed Dennis what I had found and got the okay to come back anytime I want to finish the back lot. Even though it's a new permission I decided to go finish up the one that I dug that gorgeous silver ring. Pulled a lot of clad, I was hunting the gravel in the garage hopping for a buffalo, Indian or some silver. I did pull the tootsie toy from the yard and finally called it a day.

In the picture, the tile on the left is what I dug with the Deus. The top of the right tile are the new permission finds and the lower right are what I pulled from the last site.

All Today's Finds (less Trash)

20160919_164134.jpg

Today's Keepers

20160919_164220.jpg

It sure feels nice to have two back to back silver days... it's been a while. My goal is 60 for the year and I am only at 31.

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 24

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a productive day that included some shiny bingos . I think a Deus is going to replace my AT as my second machine

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great stuff! Congrats. Love your signature line--gave me a chuckle. -Lisa

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Loco. Its always good to be on vacation and get in some more detecting time.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Sarge, at 31, your half way to your goal.....step it up to finish the year my friend!....
My goal is 50....I honestly haven't counted, but I'm close I think....
Good luck, and nice on the neighborly permission....you might put a dent into that goal.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great start to the week. Enjoy your time off and don't forget to pay your dues! [emoji127]

HH RN

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt Loco! You certainly were busy on your knees! Them stains come out, if we even care :)

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Loco.
Congrats on the Silver and the new permission.
You did great on trying to learn the DEUS. I know when you change the frequency, you change the VDI numbers. There is a program that will give the same number regardless of what frequency you are running.
e.g. 64 will be a nickel in 18 hz. In 12 hz., a nickel will register as 55. If you install the common I.D. program , you can have a nickel register 64 in any HZ that you are in.
Congrats on your hunt.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recoveries Loco.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
That left tile looks like typical Deus finds...even after you gain some experience. She loves round for sure.

Great silver finds.Tootsies are fun to find too. Looks like a great time was had!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't think of a better way to spend a vacation day then a good old fashioned dirt fishing expedition. Nice finds. Congrats!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, keep the silver coming! Hope you hit your goal!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Loco you crazy mofo. Nice digs. Keep at it with that deus

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Loco. Congrats on the silver and other finds. I love it when I can get a neighbor to talk with me. 9 times out of 10, it lands a new permission! Glad to see you having the same experience!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a nice hunt and pulling some Silver! Gotta love the F75 even after you buy a new toy!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a productive day that included some shiny bingos . I think a Deus is going to replace my AT as my second machine

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Thanks 46W. The Deus is a great machine, keeps right up with the F75 LTD SE. I mainly use the Deus to go back over permissions I have already pounded and I dig most signals since I am still learning the new detector. The Deus pulled me a sweet ring and maybe my oldest coin to date (a Chinese coin minted between the last 1600;s and early 1700's).

Great stuff! Congrats. Love your signature line--gave me a chuckle. -Lisa

Thanks Lisa I found my calling "Coin Rescue"

Well Sarge, at 31, your half way to your goal.....step it up to finish the year my friend!....
My goal is 50....I honestly haven't counted, but I'm close I think....
Good luck, and nice on the neighborly permission....you might put a dent into that goal.

Thanks Dave Still working on the goal, it didn't help that I lost 8 weeks of permission hunting due to the extremely dry soil and weather July and August.

Sounds like a great start to the week. Enjoy your time off and don't forget to pay your dues! [emoji127]

HH RN

Thanks RN, no worries there, she get's her point across. When she has an opinion, you are gonna hear it, no punches pulled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread