Hot summer heat provides cool gold and some other finds

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Well it still remains hot and muggy here. We detected 3 small parks and were done yesterday by 11:30 but not before Bobbie found this neat 10k polo player pendant. Actually she found it at the same park she found her gold nefertiti last year. I found the gold over silver/cz stud at same place. We also split bout $9.00 between us in clad.
Today another day and another county of small playgrounds to detect. We saw very few people in any of the places we detected today. Told Bobbie we were the only ones crazy enough to be out in the heat. We found clad and trinkets steadily through out the morning. On the way home Bobbie suggested we stop and detect one more spot that we havent been to in over a year. Once again she was dead on as I found the 10k earring and the 14k yellow/white gold teddy bear charm there. I found the 4 wheaties at another playarea under some bars they are 1919, 1935, one from 40's and 50's. Our clad for today amounted to $13.00.
Bobbie says there is only 82 more days til fall.
HH to all and watch the heat
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF1833.JPG
    DSCF1833.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCF1834.JPG
    DSCF1834.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds ! too hot for us to get out today , 93 here, but we did get some time in yesterday, congrats on braving the heat ;)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Congrats on the gold and silver!

The polo pendant is really cool!

Ridley

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
great finds you two !! nice count too.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

come on fall if ya ask me...... :P :P :P :P :P :P

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Some nice goldies you two, congrats on those and the other great treausures you got. Keep cool and pace yourselves.

Hi Bobbie!! :-*

Smiles!
BDoo

R

RUDY2003

Real nice huntin' guys!

Keep diggin' and keep cool....

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go you two! Nice "trinkets". It's in the mid 90's here in Michigan too, supposed to cool off & get down to the upper 70's & low 80's. I'll see if we can't send you some of the cooler air. I went out for 1/2 hour today, just long enough to get dripping wet & said the heck with it, I'll wait until tomorrow. Have fun and stay cool.

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
Nice finds! I can relate to the heat! Checked the temp around 5 pm and it was 101! It's cooled down now at 7pm......99 in Baltimore!!! HH!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread