ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well the water is getting colder. I used 2/3rds of a tank today and froze. I should have put my hooded vest on but didn't. I might try one more time but will have that on for sure. I am still cold after an hour and a half ride home in an 85 degree truck!

And for my exciting finds! They all fit in one picture! Won't have to bore everyone looking at different ones. No coins, no rings, nothing interesting. Fishing sinkers, an electronic cig, a pull tab and a brass swim cap buckle.

Still fun to be out. Just too cold to stay out.

Upvote 19

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
was watching the show "bearing see gold" or something like that, anyway they dive nome alaska in the winter, cut holes in the ice and pump super hot water through there wet suits. how freakin awesome would that be! like a hot tub while your diving.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive never dove cold water - ive had arthritis since 18yrs old - but I will snorkel year round in New England salt waters - in 2 piece 7mm wet suit with 7mm gloves and boots
I usually get tired before I get cold - me heading out into blizzard towards the waters of R.I.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scuba...what are we gonna do without your awesome posts until...June? Please keep in touch. πŸ˜€ -Lisa & John

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ive never dove cold water - ive had arthritis since 18yrs old - but I will snorkel year round in New England salt waters - in 2 piece 7mm wet suit with 7mm gloves and boots
I usually get tired before I get cold - me heading out into blizzard towards the waters of R.I.

CASPER, NOW THAT is INSANE!!!! WOW. And I don't want to be a Bobsicle! NO WAY would I do that. You have tons after your gold. Me nobody. As I said, the gold will rest till next spring. Thanks for the shivers.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba...what are we gonna do without your awesome posts until...June? Please keep in touch. �� -Lisa & John

I will still be here ogling finds and hopefully doing a bit more. We will see. I still have my trusty E-Trac that will find me a land silver or two every once in a while.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH come on, it CAN'T be that cold in your water. I spend a week at a time dredging under the Arkansas river at 10,000 elevation. THAT is some cold water! Get back out there and find more goodies!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OH come on, it CAN'T be that cold in your water. I spend a week at a time dredging under the Arkansas river at 10,000 elevation. THAT is some cold water! Get back out there and find more goodies!

Water temp as of yesterday was 64 degrees. At the marina the DNR folks were there taking the temp. They saw steel head trout. Nope, if trout like it I don't. I used to dive in the rivers of Utah. Now it is time to let the younger generation take my place. In the spring I would probably go for it, because the sun would warm me up when I got out of the water. Now I freeze when I get out.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm experience the same

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
What ? ! You can't go out like that. Your last hunt for the season has to be a huge pile of rings !

Sorry. I post them as I find them. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not like some others that have to prove they are the best. I like most on here is as honest as they come. If I don't find it, I don't post it. I love this hobby too much to be fake.

Pouring rain yesterday and today. Too cold to even think about one more dive. I am remodeling my war room and will have all my gear put back in it hopefully next week. This is a before picture:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread