ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well the water is getting colder. I used 2/3rds of a tank today and froze. I should have put my hooded vest on but didn't. I might try one more time but will have that on for sure. I am still cold after an hour and a half ride home in an 85 degree truck!

And for my exciting finds! They all fit in one picture! Won't have to bore everyone looking at different ones. No coins, no rings, nothing interesting. Fishing sinkers, an electronic cig, a pull tab and a brass swim cap buckle.

Still fun to be out. Just too cold to stay out.

Upvote 19

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sad.gif
Please tell me it ain't so! :laughing7:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, hard to re-light those electronic cigarettes once they get wet,, lol
Thanks for an exciting season and watch out for hypothermia.
Congrats on freezing your butt.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME FINDS!!!! ...... aahhh wait... I just had a Pavlovian reaction to your finds :laughing7:

Glad to see you are enjoying the hunt!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, now I see how you are Scuba. The 1st so-so hunt and it's time to quit diving for the season. :tongue3: But seriously, you rocked it again this season. :headbang: Looking forward to seeing some of your land finds.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Okay, now I see how you are Scuba. The 1st so-so hunt and it's time to quit diving for the season. :tongue3: But seriously, you rocked it again this season. :headbang: Looking forward to seeing some of your land finds.

Really I froze!! I am still cold actually. I wish I could make more than one dive this time of year and I wish I could have finished my tank! I just got chilled. I don't need to be a Bobsicle.

I will possibly wade a couple of times since my boat is still in the water. I might try diving a big lake, it might take them longer to cool off. But the next two days are not supposed to be above 60. Today was 76. With the nights in the low 50's the water is just getting too cold for my liking.

I rarely get much good dirt digging. A silver here and there. I will bore everyone!

Thanks for the replies all. I enjoy reading them.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
I was eventually going to ask what gear you dive with but you just answered the dry suit vs. Neoprene question.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for sharing your summer with us. Really enjoyed seeing all your wonderful finds, both treasure and history. Hope you spend some time this winter getting permission from the powers that be to go back and do the Isle without being bothered.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
You could always consider a gas-powered water pump, with the exhaust heating the water. Run the hose into your wetsuit and keep diving for a while longer. :wink:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You could always consider a gas-powered water pump, with the exhaust heating the water. Run the hose into your wetsuit and keep diving for a while longer. :wink:

Too noisy. Whatever I missed this year will be patiently waiting for me next year. That is the beauty of the way I hunt. Nobody else will get it. Everything is safe till late next spring

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing you posts this year they've been great! I hope we see a land post from you. Congrats and HH

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well diving isn't over. I just got a call to see if I can find a propeller that came off a boat in Lake Huron outside a marina. BRRRR. Told him I would look tomorrow. Will keep the heater on 85!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba...

There are some "pluses" to cooler weather.
First and foremost is the fact that when its cooler... people do not frequent the water as much.

Since you have had some "run ins" in the past posts maybe now is the time to invest in some serious cold water gear and dive in some peace.
Less traffic usually equals less problems with "others".

Cash in some of those good finds to sport yourself some top notch cold water gear. :P

I do know that at some point the cold will become such a factor that diving at all may become "unenjoyably" overall.

Nome Alaska guys would tell us both...
"quit shivering and get in !"

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba...

There are some "pluses" to cooler weather.
First and foremost is the fact that when its cooler... people do not frequent the water as much.

Since you have had some "run ins" in the past posts maybe now is the time to invest in some serious cold water gear and dive in some peace.
Less traffic usually equals less problems with "others".

Cash in some of those good finds to sport yourself some top notch cold water gear. :P

I do know that at some point the cold will become such a factor that diving at all may become "unenjoyably" overall.

Nome Alaska guys would tell us both...
"quit shivering and get in !"

The run ins really don't bother me. Here is my problem AARC. It is my arthritis. I am hurting a lot more lately. Today was especially bad. I don't think the cold is helping any at all. The stuff I am not going to get is safe. Nobody else will get it, and that is a plus. I guess I will see how I do tomorrow playing under a boat and maybe in lake Huron if he did lose a prop outside the marina. If the hooded vest keeps me cozy, I will try some more. If not, there is always next year. I had a good summer here like always. My silver count is off the charts though. I don't think I have had a better silver year at all underwater.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last two hour dive I knew I was shivering underwater and still had to dig just two more signals, lol I was home under a blanket with wool socks on for three hours trying to get my core body temp back Haaaaaa It was 75 outside.

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wrapped up my last water hunt last week. It doesn't take many days of cooler temps to chill that water down. Even not being totally submerged, whats above the water is frozen if there is any breeze. And its always a breeze on the water. Like you, I know what ever I left, will be waiting on me when I get back in next spring ;)

Love those posts of yours, makes me want to go a bit deeper. I just don't have the places with the history to dive into.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a diver too. Started getting some arthritis, got a magnet bracelet. It really helped.
It was made by this company. Magnetic Therapy Bracelets | Magnetic Therapy Sport Wristbands | Magnetic Therapy For Dogs, Cats & Horses
I am not affiliated with the company in any way. Probably any strong magnet would work. You could even duct tape a refrigerator magnet to your skin, if you had nothing else. I believe it is a virus that is affected by magnetism, it is proven there are bacteria that are!

https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Magnetotactic

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have to take the good with the bad, but that's what makes it nice when you do have a nice day":skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread