Holy Polar Front Batman! Vs. Holy Karats Batman!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
This is the tale of two hunts this weekend. One yesterday and one this morning.

Saturday: I encouraged my two youngest to come out with me and they were excited after their last outing. They are only 7 and 5 so I figured taking them to the beach again would be easiest. I drilled some holes in two aluminum pots while I await my scoop delivery so we could use the Propointer less (thought it's reacting to the sand or interference). Thought I dressed them warmly enough for 6am hunts but I guess they are still used to 86F. They lasted exactly 10 minutes at the beach before the constant "My feet are frozen" started. Managed to find one nickel and decided to surrender the beach to another detector in the area. Better than sick kids I guess.

Sunday: Took the oldest out to a soccer field that used to be a school from early 1900's to ~1960's. First hole at 6:18am? Are you kidding me? A RING! [emoji183] Best 90 seconds of my detecting life so far. I always took the "First Hole" stories with a grain of salt. Alas, by the time I had the ring laid out on the plug, I already had a sneaking suspicion about the size of the stone. [emoji26] Cleaned it up and it's junk but I can say I found my first ring... Now I'll go edit my bucket list and add "First valuable Ring". The U.S. Quarter was 1965. So close to having my first silver coin!

And the Pro-pointer AT is definitely cooked. That made today's hunt slower and my plugs bigger. That's the way it will have to be until it gets warranty. Thanks for reading and HH!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474843809.542365.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474843852.784117.jpg

Upvote 9

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first ring.
I guess the little ones are not into colder weather.
Hope the next ring is gold.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Congratulations on your first ring.
I guess the little ones are not into colder weather.
Hope the next ring is gold.

Thanks against the wind! They take after their Mother in temperature tolerance [emoji32]

So do I! This time Robin should have said Holy Zero Karats Batman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread