Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I noticed a short stretch of path along the river being upgraded in a local park. Went there this morning for a quick hunt with low expectations. Found a few modern coins then rushed off for a day with the family. Once we got home this evening I took a look at the coins I found. I usually check the dates of clad to see what era the finds in that location might yield. To my surprise I had a 1961 Rosie in there. Its trashed but I'll take it. :icon_thumright: The surface damage on this dime really made it look like it was clad.

So.... had another chance to go back tonight. All I found was a few more pennies, rabies tag, strange metal card that appears to be have a SS# on it and what might be a part of an old fishing lure.

6.jpg
7.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Upvote 8

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be places where you could get your social security number embossed on a metal card, I guess because it lasted better than paper. Went out of favor when social security and employers wanted only original social security cards to be used.

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be places where you could get your social security number embossed on a metal card, I guess because it lasted better than paper. Went out of favor when social security and employers wanted only original social security cards to be used.

Googled the woman's name but didn't find anything that fit her. She would be 70. I'll check local phone books.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I found one of those brass Social Security cards a number of years back. It belonged to the man who had lived in the house ( which was vacant when I detected it ) but I was able to give it to his Niece who gave me permission to look around the yard. She was quite happy with it, because at the time she was involved in doing research on her family history at that time.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling that silver Rosie. :occasion14: It's always a great feeling when you exploit an area and you pull a silver.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the relics and silver dime! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions