Message in a bottle (updated with Contents)

Sweetrazz

Sep 7, 2016
Monterey ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while I was walking along the water at the seaside ca beach I could not believe it. I don't know much about it yet and it does a a message in it....maybe someone might know what I should do with it. I would love to see what the message says. A little bit of water has gotten inside. There is a number 2 on the bottom of the bottle. Does anyone know what that means. image.jpeg

Pictures From Post

IMG_1822 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 17

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool ! they can be read.

Thanks for the Update !

IMG_1822.JPG IMG_1822 - Copy.JPG

Is hard to tell if the person who Wrote the White one
Was Married to the Wrong Person.

Or in Jail

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard about this sort of thing. Bottle up your problems and let them go type thing

Writing a letter to vent your anger is a similar idea. You write it down and then toss it in the trash. I've done that a few times, but unfortunately, I actually mailed a couple of them! Kiss those two friends goodbye forever...

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can definitely say that the notes are not from the 40s. I know...I can't date things online, but if there's one thing I know, it's handwriting. That style writing was not taught nor acceptable for the time.

Those notes are recent and they probably picked up a bottle from an antique store and stuck a cork in it.

The first picture was written by a woman, mid 20s at the most. The cursive one was written by a guy, about the same age. His mother taught him cursive or he did some time in private school learning d'nealian.

He's a righty, she's a lefty. If she's not a lefty, she was taught by a lefty. We tend to not slant our letters and the pen is cut short.

Lefty/righty...doesn't matter... she bought that paper from the dollar spot at Target. I have the same paper somewhere - that's how I know this was written recently - last 5 yrs ago or so.

One cheated and I'd bet money that it was her and that he was borderline suicidal over her infidelities. I hope he left her.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's a righty, she's a lefty. If she's not a lefty, she was taught by a lefty.

You are correct about the woman. She's a deeply disturbed lefty. No slant and she alternates between writing and printing her words. I'm a deeply disturbed lefty and that's exactly what I do! LOL!

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are correct about the woman. She's a deeply disturbed lefty. No slant and she alternates between writing and printing her words. I'm a deeply disturbed lefty and that's exactly what I do! LOL!

Lefties unite!!

Lefty here too. I think we're all disturbed. It's hard growing up in a right handed world. Those desks, evil lefty scissors forced upon us, and notebooks. I flipped mine upside down. I never really complained about it - just dealt with it. That's probably why we are tortured souls LOL!

:occasion14: Here's to the hand covered in ink or lead!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lefty here too. I think we're all disturbed. It's hard growing up in a right handed world. Those desks, evil lefty scissors forced upon us, and notebooks. I flipped mine upside down. I never really complained about it - just dealt with it. That's probably why we are tortured souls LOL!

Yup, I gave up on those lefty scissors as a kid. Been using right-handed scissors my whole life. Just got tired of waiting for the green handled scissors in class and learned to use them.

Measuring cups, using a stick shift, can openers and many other things are a constant annoyance for me. And forget about power tools! Circular saws and chainsaws must be a leading cause of death for lefties! I can't imagine why I ever became a carpenter. I must have been nuts! Seems like every tool I use is meant to maim lefties only! LOL!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that closes this story, That's all folks!
btw lefty here too, but being a lefty :icon_thumleft:I am in my right mind.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,, the way this post has gone, from finding a message in a bottle, to impatient treasure hunters, to people who call people names, to a few who need therapy, and now we have some who obviously drank what was left in that bottle with the message and became disgruntled and left handed. Incredible.
LAST, what?? Wrong post?? lol

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like a pretty old bottle. I would be real careful on pulling that cork.
Maybe you should contact the local historical society.
If it is really old and from another part of the country, (or world), they might be able to spearhead a search for information??
Good luck
PS: Be nice to the Genie

I agree, contact a museum, and a curator/conservator will steer you in the right methods of opening the bottle, AND not destroy, but read the message

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree the messages look more modern, maybe even less than 10 years old. The bottle must have really been in some bad surf for a long time. Hopefully that bad surf in their lives eventually calmed and life was smooth sailing after that.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. The suspense still lives on for some I guess.

Yea I'm thinking Maybe the Updated Pics should be added to the Original first Post.
Too many are in a hurry to respond :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread