Another KG2! 1683 Mass Property

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    897.5 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    891.3 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 16
OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait. Did you say 18"?!! That's unreal! What rig found that thing? That's super deep! I have definitely never recovered such a small target from such depths, way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Juan, yeah, I just double-checked with John. That is an estimate (he didn't take out a tape and measure the depth, hehehe). He says it was definitely between 14" to 18" down. It was directly after a rain. He was surprised, too. It was a quiet signal that didn't read numbers on the detector, it must made a beep on the headphones. When he started digging, the numbers started showing. He was using his AT Pro with the giant DD coil.

Thanks for your response! ~L&J

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Echoing what was said above by another - 18" down????? Damn - well played sir!

Thanks, Pepper. I should have wrote "estimate" on that depth, because he didn't officially measure it. He dug about 20" down and the coin was in the last few shovels full, so say somewhere between 14" and 18". And directly after a rain. I had read on here that signals can appear where they didn't before right after a rain...so he tried it, and it sure worked! ~L&J

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way guys, I apologize for the photos coming out sideways! When I post them, they look vertical, but then they end up sideways on the website! Aggravating...

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L&J, as I posted you a while ago, I swear by BRIEF electrolysis on coppers. give the King a 5 minute facial---thank me by giving me that coil. as I also said before_____the following takes place between 6PM and 7PM---all finds are in real time. what would Jack Bauer do if __________________________

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. That NEL coil must be like ground penitrating radar.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the KG copper! :occasion14:

You may be able to clean/remove dirt a bit by soaking in mineral oil. Earlier this year I had 21 old coppers soaking in little plastic containers, many improved, some did not. I do not recommend water as a method of cleaning old copper coins.

Gl & HH

Doc

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
L&J, as I posted you a while ago, I swear by BRIEF electrolysis on coppers. give the King a 5 minute facial---thank me by giving me that coil. as I also said before_____the following takes place between 6PM and 7PM---all finds are in real time. what would Jack Bauer do if __________________________

Port, one of the KG II's might be good to try electrolysis on. Will post results if we try! Thanks, -L&J

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratualtions on the KG copper! :occasion14:

You may be able to clean/remove dirt a bit by soaking in mineral oil. Earlier this year I had 21 old coppers soaking in little plastic containers, many improved, some did not. I do not recommend water as a method of cleaning old copper coins.

Gl & HH

Doc

Thanks, Doc. We've got to pick up some mineral oil! -L&J

ScaredOfClowns

Apr 21, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett ProPointer, Garrett ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool KG2 - a little toasty, but still a good save. Imagine the tales that old coin could tell...

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool KG2 - a little toasty, but still a good save. Imagine the tales that old coin could tell...

Yup--we ask ourselves that all the time! Each relic has a story, right? Thanks, L&J

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread