Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
So I went to a new location that had a huge swim area yet very shallow. This area is in an upper class neighborhood and the attention to the park area showed it. Very prim, very proper except for.....the swim area. It is quite amazing how pretty a small layer of sand can make ugly look. Kind of like make-up I suppose. I decided early on in the hunt as I was getting tired of the Excal wiggin' out on the aluminum cans and my pouch filling up in minutes that I would start pulling each large piece of trash and setting it up on the nice dock that surrounds the swim area. Now this is one of those places it seems that everyone comes to jog and walk along this expansive dock and park. I paid no mind of anything until people began getting my attention and thanking me for what I was doing. I noticed on a few occasions people snapping photos of the long stretch of trash that now lined their beautiful dock. Many comments of shock and disgust that not only could this stuff be coming out of THEIR swim area, but that their children were actually swimming in and among it. One gentleman stopped me, told me he appreciated what I was doing and expressed that I should leave it all setting there.....makes a powerful statement, and so on. So after I got it all piled up I decided to snap a photo and share it with you. In total, it completely filled one of the park's trash cans. It dawned on me that this little 3 hours or so of "giving back" made a HUGE statement for our hobby. I would encourage you all to occasionally do the same. It actually turned out to be quite gratifying.
IMG_20160928_132753.jpg

Upvote 27

OldSean

Jan 6, 2012
York, PA
Detector(s) used
White M6, White 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strong work. When asked if I am finding anything when detecting the beach I answer "not much. Just cleaning the beach" and then show them all the nails , fish hooks etc. People thank you

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go, Urb! ~Lisa & John

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent PR for the hobby! :icon_thumright:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now if only the tighta$$es would grasp the idea that we dig lots of trash besides the good stuff__________AND-----always dispose of it so their urchins don't bleed all over the grass. ya' done good---so expect a snoop to call 911 and complain. keep at it, you deserve some gold & silver for that hunt

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job winning over the locals. It's amazing how much sharp and dangerous crap come out of the places we hunt.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've Dumped my trash pouch out ta few time for the Non Believers they always Are Shocked some times I Show Some of the Good Stuff After I Ask Have you lost Anything!!!

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A picture is worth 10,000 words!! Good show.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for helping the hobby ! I also pick up all the trash I find Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread