101 coins 3 wheaties and bye to the coin counter! Yes its manila folder time!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
101 coins 3 wheaties and bye to the coin counter! Yes it's manila folder time!

Well as far as the coin counter goes it just became a headache trying to keep it updated on 4 different forums. I want to thank everyone for their great support while I had it posted. I am not backing out of my new goal of 10,000 coins but obviously my old goal of 5500 for the year should be passed in August. I will be passing 5000 sometime next week.

Onto today....101 coins, 3 wheaties nothing rare 2 52-d's and a 51-d, pictured bottom right. Total was $5.15. As soon as I knew I hit 100....I bailed! I was keeping count... ;)

Attachments

• July 9th 101 coins $5.15 3 wheaties.jpg
    July 9th 101 coins $5.15 3 wheaties.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Re: 101 coins 3 wheaties and bye to the coin counter! Yes it's manila folder time!

Like I told you before, you are an incentive to a lot of us. Congrats and good luck on not only the 5000, but also on the 10,000. WTG!
--Mel

borninok

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 101 coins 3 wheaties and bye to the coin counter! Yes it's manila folder tim

You can count to 100 in your head :o

R

RUDY2003

Re: 101 coins 3 wheaties and bye to the coin counter! Yes it's manila folder time!

Hey Gregg, you are a definate inspiration to, well, me anyway. I've been tryin hard everytime I go out to get to 100 coins. I'm just not there yet but getting better.
I just hope you NEVER move down here close to me...There won't be much left...

Keep safe and keep diggin......

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Re: 101 coins 3 wheaties and bye to the coin counter! Yes it's manila folder tim

CRUSADER said:

I count by hour easier to remember then I always add a few because I am always off!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DFX-Gregg said:
CRUSADER said:

I count by hour easier to remember then I always add a few because I am always off!

The secrets of a coin shooter, love it.

I did similar with some 19th century lead bullets from a rifle range. Bullets Per Hour - BPH.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

borninok said:
Like I told you before, you are an incentive to a lot of us. Congrats and good luck on not only the 5000, but also on the 10,000. WTG!
--Mel

borninok

It has become very hard as you probablu know since it got warm. The ground got hard, numbers have gone down. My hunting style has changed to mainly the shady tree areas, sand and woodchip. But with the heat you can only recover so much before you stop enjoying yourself! I had some nice coin spill recoveries today, 8,4, 4, 3 and a couple 2's. That really helped, by the ballfield they put sand on top of this hard hard field in June, there are pennies everywhere, but I decided enough was enough...65 of them! :o

Thanks for the kind comments. :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

CRUSADER said:
DFX-Gregg said:
CRUSADER said:

The secrets of a coin shooter, love it.

I did similar with some 19th century lead bullets from a rifle range. Bullets Per Hour - BPH.

If I did not try to keep a count, I would think I have 100 coins right around 65-70! Tried it that way to many times. I like to hit 100 once a week so if I hit it right away then my other two hunts during the week I don't bother counting. But with the heat I am always ready to quit the second i get anywhere near 100!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

RUDY2003 said:
Hey Gregg, you are a definate inspiration to, well, me anyway. I've been tryin hard everytime I go out to get to 100 coins. I'm just not there yet but getting better.
I just hope you NEVER move down here close to me...There won't be much left...

Keep safe and keep diggin......

Rudy to be honest pennies are always a big part of my 100 coin days....always at least 50%. It would be a lot easier if you could really tell all your coins from trash. On the dfx with tone id on and the vdi readings being so accurate it is just a matter of having a quick recovery system and pinpointing. Tone id in a trashy area is almost like cheating! :) Not exactly sure how the Ace is at telling you the difference of coins and trash but when I am cherry picking coins I usually only get fooled with the nickels/pull tabs and once in a while with pennies/screw on bottle tops.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

KirkPA said:
WHITE'S! Hail all to, WHITE'S! :D

Kirk I see dave and Erikk have spotted you! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread