Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I went out to a couple of nearby parks for about an hour today, even though it was extremely hot..the second park I checked was small but it had sand under the swing area, so I thought I'd give it a go.

After only a few minutes my forehead and eyebrows were dripping with sweat..I pulled up a few pennies here and a quarter there, then I saw this ring (my 36th ring so far this year) sticking out of the sand even before I put the coil over it.

BIGRING.jpg

When I actually did sweep the coil over it, it didn't beep in the mode I usually set for ring hunting, so I knew it wasn't gold or silver.

On the way home I stopped at the jewelers and was told it was made of titanium or stainless steel (drat!) However..

..it's big and heavy, it's very nice looking, and it has a little chain thingy in the middle that spins..and the best news - it fits my ring finger.

I found 2 other rings last week (both mood rings) at the same school..yesterday I found a clad Kennedy half and a 20 cent coin from Hong Kong at another school.

The biggest thrill yesterday though was seeing a doe and her fawn walking by the side of the road on my way to the second school..I pulled over and we stared at each other for at least 15 seconds before they both trotted off into the woods..it was truly a beautiful sight and worth the trip just to see them.

HH,
Nat

Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
I'm trying to decide if that counts if you eyeball it before sweeping your coil over it! :D ;D :o Nice finds.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Very nice ring Nat, congrats buddy!

If it's heavy, it must be stainless steel because titanium is about 1/2 the weight of gold...very light, and almost twice as stong as stainless steel BTW.

Good luck to you , keep finding and sharing my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I say it counts because he would never have found it unless he was there detecting....and its a nice looking ring too! :o

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Boobydoo said:
If it's heavy, it must be stainless steel because titanium is about 1/2 the weight of gold...very light, and almost twice as stong as stainless steel BTW.

very true, titanium is almost weightless. I didn't get a titanium wedding band because I didn't like that I couldn't feel it, felt like I was gonna lose it.

That is one cool ring! nice find!

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all, I agree with BDoo and the captain..I say stainless also.

I wore it all day because it looks so nice, my finger didn't turn green so that's a good thing :D

Nat

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good looking ring Nat---Congrats

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nat,
Congrats on the cool looking spinner ring. I'm jealous, I haven't found a spinner or a mood ring yet. :'(
Funny you mentioned the deer. Ridley took me to a new spot after work that he got permission to hunt. It was an old 1920's house and had a field in the back. I walked the field and scared up a doe, a fawn, and then a fox. I felt like I was on a safari back there. ;D
Have a great week,
MM

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring, Nat. Congrats...I'm glad it fits you too. I just can't believe this is ring #36 for you.

;) RR

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ModernMiner said:
Funny you mentioned the deer. Ridley took me to a new spot after work that he got permission to hunt. It was an old 1920's house and had a field in the back. I walked the field and scared up a doe, a fawn, and then a fox. I felt like I was on a safari back there.

That's so cool! Sounds like a neat area. Seeing some wildlife while MDing really makes the day special.

River Rat said:
Awesome ring, Nat. Congrats...I'm glad it fits you too. I just can't believe this is ring #36 for you.

I can't either..only 2 were gold though..probably 10 or so were silver and the rest were more common metals.

HH,
Nat

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the spinner ring-titanium seems to be the new platinum these days..it's so lightweight. You actually found two treasures though. One of the coolest things about this hobby is that you have the chance to "commune with nature" in a very non-invasive way. I guess I'm a tree hugger at heart ;D

R

RUDY2003

Beautiful ring Nat! I've not found a spinner ring yet ar even one as nice as this one.
Don't you just love the sand! Real easy diggins'....

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread