Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Check out this vintage (have read anywhere from 50's to 70's) Boy Scout of American Neckerchief Slide I dug.

Moderator: did not dig this today, but a few days ago. was not sure where to post. feel free to move it to the 'right' place if you like.

Anyone with info, please post. It is rather dirty, but I like to leave my finds pretty much as found.

I washed the dirt/mud out. When I dug it, thought it was a smashed ring of some sort.

bsa-mine.jpg

Upvote 9

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
My first one was a great find, after that I found a ton more hunting public parks because scouts hang out there too.
The boy scout ones are my favorite because I have found less of those than the others, the young ones can't seem to hold onto these things so the cub scout ones are everywhere.
Just one of my bag o' slides..I have a few more.
A nice sounding high tone and always better than digging trash.
CongratZ!

Attachments

• bag o slides (1).jpg
    bag o slides (1).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
OP
OP
Rogue Relic Hunter

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My first one was a great find, after that I found a ton more hunting public parks because scouts hang out there too.
The boy scout ones are my favorite because I have found less of those than the others, the young ones can't seem to hold onto these things so the cub scout ones are everywhere.
Just one of my bag o' slides..I have a few more.
A nice sounding high tone and always better than digging trash.
CongratZ!
wow, you have a ton of those things. congrats. i would def like to find more. going back over there right now for a quick hunt before this rain from Matthew hits us. maybe i get lucky. thanks for posting!

OP
OP
Rogue Relic Hunter

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got 2 of them last weekend View attachment 1367567
nice! one on bottom looks similar to mine. how about the pennies, all stinking lincolns or any wheat? just got back from a quick hunt, all clad. only thing i needed for my collection was a 1969 quarter. oh well, at least i hit it before matthew sets in with all the rain.

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice! one on bottom looks similar to mine. how about the pennies, all stinking lincolns or any wheat? just got back from a quick hunt, all clad. only thing i needed for my collection was a 1969 quarter. oh well, at least i hit it before matthew sets in with all the rain.

A bunch of copper old Lincolns. One 1917 wheat and some old dimes but not silver
This is a 1900's Boy Scout camp. Lots of junk but some modern clad.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A bunch of copper old Lincolns. One 1917 wheat and some old dimes but not silver

You might be hitting the same one I do. Kensington Metropark Group Camp. I have got SLQ's, Washington's. mercs and a walker out of it. Lots of area to hit on that one. The key to finding the wayward silver in it is dig iffy signals and play in the woods and close to the woods. I also hit Agawam in Lake Orion , and Silver Trails north of me. All three are good producers.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when I was a scout and some of the older guys would whittle a predrilled piece of balsa wood into a slide. Usually a face of an Indian or an animal. Some of them were pretty intricate once painted. Try finding one of those with a metal detector. lol
Congratulations

OP
OP
Rogue Relic Hunter

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i dont find many silver coins ever. i sure wish that were not the case. just not hitting the right places. i mostly dig in the woods for civil war relics. need find an old park or school or something.

OP
OP
Rogue Relic Hunter

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
those would be great to add to any collection, but for that you need a wood detector. :laughing7:
I remember when I was a scout and some of the older guys would whittle a predrilled piece of balsa wood into a slide. Usually a face of an Indian or an animal. Some of them were pretty intricate once painted. Try finding one of those with a metal detector. lol
Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread