We're seeing double...again!! 1683 Mass Property

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi gang,

Talk about bizarre--the other day we found two, draped bust large cents, and today we find two Morgan Silver Dollars! I should add that John's eight-year-old son, Johnny, found the older coin on his Ace 350! Way to go, Johnny! Also found assorted buttons. The Morgans are 1883 and 1921-D. Thanks for looking and happy digging. -Lisa, John, and...Johnny!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 198
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    963.1 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    935.4 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 29
OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing finds I found a 1921 morgan almost fainted. I wish I started treasure hunting at 8 years old imagine all the finds and display cases of stuff I would have that would be a nice for a first find plaque or something. I have two girls they don't want to get dirty but they will go through my jewelery ehhhhh!!!!!!Thanks for sharing that congrats I like reading your posts plus you always have nice replies to people. That's what I love about this site Especially in the winter when I stare out the window with my sad face detecter in hand and a tear in my eye LOL Thanks Lisa & John Tommy

Hehehe...Tommy...you've got some smart girls there (I'd go through the jewelry, too!). You know, big John didn't start detecting until a couple of years ago, and I don't think he found much because he didn't live on this new property then. So this is all new for him too, and his son. A wonderful sport to be involved with together! We will be depressed right along with you come winter time...uggh!! Us northerners will have to support each other through our misery. :sadsmiley: Thanks for your kind response. ~L&J

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
time to repeat my Ronald Reagan quote______________________well, (pause)----now, (pause)-----there you go again:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

You're full of funny quotes, port...thanks! We're luvin' it! ~L&J

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two in one day! Heck I've never found one!

Well, Steve...we've only found a couple of half reales, so we feel the same way when we look at your list of finds! :icon_thumleft: Hoping there's a Morgan in your future...and an 8 real in ours! hehehe... Thanks, ~L&J

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Morgans. That must be one of the most exciting things to dig.

Oh ya, Fugio...you know that feeling when your heart starts beating a mile a minute when you see that silver peaking out of the ground! Love it! Thanks, ~L&J

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding TWO big old Morgans! I've only found one, and it was a looong time ago.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Abe! We're hoping the property will yield goodies for years to come. We'll probably go into a deep depression when all this awesomeness stops, haha! -L&J

That's when the research begins and you start seeking out other places to get permission to hunt. I have a feeling you're both hooked now. But to be totally honest your property will have a lifetime of finds. Yes it will slow down but as technology gets better and as you get more adept at picking stuff out of the thick iron you'll continue to make good finds. If you find the trash pits and start sifting that will open up an entirely new adventure that will give up a ton of cool finds that a detector won't pick up. Trust me you will never stop finding great stuff if you just continue putting in the work

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on finding TWO big old Morgans! I've only found one, and it was a looong time ago.

Thanks, J. The boys were VERY excited! -L&J

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's when the research begins and you start seeking out other places to get permission to hunt. I have a feeling you're both hooked now. But to be totally honest your property will have a lifetime of finds. Yes it will slow down but as technology gets better and as you get more adept at picking stuff out of the thick iron you'll continue to make good finds. If you find the trash pits and start sifting that will open up an entirely new adventure that will give up a ton of cool finds that a detector won't pick up. Trust me you will never stop finding great stuff if you just continue putting in the work

Abe--thanks for this optimistic response. You're so right! -L&J

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread