Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could not have scripted this AM hunt. Just hunted 1 hour. Started out finding some clad, a key safe token, hot wheels car, two modern bullets and an old thimble. Then I thought to scoot over by 30 feet to where older items had been dug on my prior three visits. First deep signal wasn't obvious to the pinpointer when I turned the plug; the target was in the sidewall. I scraped away a little soil and saw what looked like a gold rim that proved not to be a gold-toned bottle cap but an actual 14K engagement ring! One more deep signal brought forth a 1919 wheat. That was it; had to bug out after the wheat dig. Going to bank this site for the future. Know where at least one of the "hot spots" is located and will hit it when I can get back here.
Finds.jpg

Upvote 29
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jamie1993. Baltimore gold it is. On your thimble question....I know earlier thimbles had writing around the rim. This one is blank, but intact.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Art, thank you. Hope you have a good week detecting. I'm off to the woods in the morning tomorrow.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man thats cool and worth some money! my wife has been waiting for me to find the gold but it aint happened yet.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt McCdig. Since I dig just about as many Wheat pennies as I do clad pennies, I have to go with the ring as my favorite. I just dont dig a lot of rings. Also like the thimble.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx calabash! Got out today for a short hunt before work and stayed in a 20 x 20 ft area. Different park, but good results: 1 wheat, 1 Buff, 4 IHCs! I was shocked 'cause last time there I got nuthin'

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Trezurehunter! Yep, when I look over my finds in the latest storage case, the wheats are the most plentiful older coin. Clad rules over all, but then we've got to dig that to find the other stuff.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds I love that ring my two daughters go after my jewelery I lost some of my best finds to the wife for a water heater it least mo one wants my coin finds I'm always happy to see someone find a ring like that or other great finds My turn next Thanks for always sharing your cool finds!!!!!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Tommy, good to hear from you. Sounds like your detecting is bringing joy to your daughters and keeping you all in "hot water". Happy Hunting!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I agree, Very Nice save on the Gold.. A Beauty!! Good to see some Pirate Gold coming from the land here in Baltimore. Amazing I hunted the land for a few years, never found one gold ring.. It's tuff on the land...

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey OBN. I was just thinking about you today on that very subject of how many rings are found on land against the number you find in the water. I won't name the park for reasons I'll discuss with you offline, but this is the third gold and fourth total ring I've found in this park in the last year. It is by far the most valuable; it was determined today that the stones are diamonds, so I'm getting it repaired and re-sized.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Underminer! Turns out the stones are diamonds, so the ring's appraised value is probably more than I paid for the F75.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx for your post! Don't get a valuable ring very often; usually it's a junker.....not this time, though.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey OBN. I was just thinking about you today on that very subject of how many rings are found on land against the number you find in the water. I won't name the park for reasons I'll discuss with you offline, but this is the third gold and fourth total ring I've found in this park in the last year. It is by far the most valuable; it was determined today that the stones are diamonds, so I'm getting it repaired and re-sized.
Just a guess but it being 14k and looks like a 1/3 of a karat I would say 2500.oo. A very nice save.. I think it really takes a good and patient hunter to find gold on land, in the water It's not easy but I believe the chances are better.

And yes, many lurkers so be careful of sharing any info.. even your closest ... I did a little test, I mentioned two of my ok spots to a few close friends, then the third I did not share at all.. now I'm seeing holes at all but the one I shared..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread