Third day on 300 Bc site

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my worst day.
I got there at 7.00 and i began searching. I parked the car in a different place. Where i used to park i had a strong 75 and it was a sling bullet.
Then i had a loud low tone and immediately it began raining. :) :)
So i had to wait in the car for more than one hour.
I could find only 18 coins. 16 of them from VI-III B.C. century. One turkish coin not identified yet and a coin from 1947.
View attachment 1371105
View attachment 1371106
I found also this small pot mend
View attachment 1371107
this bronze little spoon and the arrow heads
View attachment 1371108
The first one, wich is bent, maybe crashed against some walls or maybe on someone's armour.

Last edited:
Upvote 24

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could only find 18 coins?! That's fantastic! "I got a rock" as Charlie Brown says. Congrats on another great hunt. -Lisa & John

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could only find 18 coins?! That's fantastic! "I got a rock" as Charlie Brown says. Congrats on another great hunt. -Lisa & John

Thanks Lisa & John
A friend told me that on the first coin is Zeus. The second is on the best ten coins i have found in this area.

Last edited:

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worst day huh.......everyday must be a crappy day in the US. Nice saves.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WowThanks for sharing your finds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vince I cant even imagine hunting somewhere that old great finds who knows you might find an old tomb

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
A sad day for sure Vince. You got wet and only found 16 ancient coins and a bunch of awesome relics. Hang in there. Your luck is bound to improve my friend :laughing7:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That site is awesome
Thanks!! for showing the coins

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Poor Vince, you allergic to the rain? I keep a rain coat and light poncho in the van for the rain. You certainly killed it again today. Man I wish I had one of your bad days. :notworthy:

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor Vince, you allergic to the rain? I keep a rain coat and light poncho in the van for the rain. You certainly killed it again today. Man I wish I had one of your bad days. :notworthy:

[emoji3] [emoji3] I always keep the poncho in my bag and in my back but beleive me, i could get wet even wearing the poncho or any other kind of coat. It was raining hard. Come and visit me. This weekend i will be exploring a new site.

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WowThanks for sharing your finds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vince I cant even imagine hunting somewhere that old great finds who knows you might find an old tomb

Thanks A2
I hope so. This area was inhabited for at least 300 years so it means at least 6 generations of at least 100 people. The total will be 600 tombs. So it is strange i haven't found one yet!

Last edited:
OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sad day for sure Vince. You got wet and only found 16 ancient coins and a bunch of awesome relics. Hang in there. Your luck is bound to improve my friend :laughing7:

Thank's Jeff
I'be been searching for many hours so my successe depends on how much i am lucky.

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing9:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice condition on some of those bronze coins, congratulations! Maybe it was just luck or maybe different soil conditions but they look very good and ought to clean up very well. Do you have pictures of the reverse of the coins? Also interesting that you found sling bullets as well as iron arrowheads, hard to say if they are related to a single battle or ones over 1,000 years apart but the arrowheads were not for hunting game!

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice condition on some of those bronze coins, congratulations! Maybe it was just luck or maybe different soil conditions but they look very good and ought to clean up very well. Do you have pictures of the reverse of the coins? Also interesting that you found sling bullets as well as iron arrowheads, hard to say if they are related to a single battle or ones over 1,000 years apart but the arrowheads were not for hunting game!

Hi Plumbata, its an old post from last year. I was flying and I checked the old posts. I can't send the reverse of the coins. I have divided them based on where I have found them and every collection has almost 100-150 coins. I don't know anymore which is which :)

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 ancient coins is still a good day. I know we all want the silver drachmes or denarius or even gold. But hey, this stuff has been in the ground for almost 2000 years. They are still awesome finds!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations! :notworthy:

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What HE said. My Gosh . . .

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 ancient coins is still a good day. I know we all want the silver drachmes or denarius or even gold. But hey, this stuff has been in the ground for almost 2000 years. They are still awesome finds!

That's true Benjamin. The time flew by very quickly for those coins and now they are back under the sunlight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread