74.4 KB · Views: 191
  • y653.jpg
    y653.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 187

rck_1

Oct 9, 2004
Knightdale, NC
Hey Gunman,
The 1889 argentinian Dos "meaning 2" centavos was never struck in silver. No denomination this low was ever struck in silver that I know of. Take it to someone who can test it, If it is truely silver then I say you have something that is very rare and quite possibly valuable. I doubt that a 2 centavos piece the size of a half dollar was struck in silver. The size and denomination does not match the content.. Verify that it is silver and then take it to a coin dealer and ask. If he offers to buy it you know its worth something, but dont sell it.

Great find BTW.

D

Darod

Hey lone gunman?

I don't see a pic? Did you post a pic with the topic? If not, do you have a pic of it?

Rod

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
lol...need to get my camera up and running i gots lots of ghost town goodies i need some info on....buy the way went by the bank today and picked up to halfs 68-69 had to search throu 150 dollars worth....

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
i have decided that my camera sucks....took the coin in and it aint silver....just a tarnish from the ground....it looks just like the one in the pic just in better shape...i need to buy me a new camera...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread