nashwen

Jan 10, 2005
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I'd share the recent find I made at a cave on the Gower peninsular, it appears to be of late Iron age to early Roman
I'm told that its likely to be lunar deity of Celtic tradition.

I'd be grateful to find out more if anyone has any information on anything similar IMG_5772.JPG IMG_4614.JPG

Upvote 31
OP
OP
nashwen

nashwen

Jan 10, 2005
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS. If they fudge it to be under the Act, you will get an independent valuation committee report. But this will not happen for at least 18 months. If they haven't asked for your details & the owners details (postal addresses) then ask for it back. Because these details are required by the Coroner to start the process.

Sounds good advise, if you don't mind I'll send a private message with more details. Any help would be appreciated

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm unsure why you handed it over. I would not have. They have no legal right under the Treasure Act unless its deemed to be of significant national historical interest. (One of the grey areas) Or it was from a ritual site which is another grey area. It is over 300 years old but it has no silver or gold content (or at least not 10% or more), so they can only record it under the PAS & return to finder. If you want it back & you have an agreement with the landowner, go get it. I assume you still have the PAS Receipt?
He' s screwed.

OP
OP
nashwen

nashwen

Jan 10, 2005
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He' s screwed.

Museum were reasonable after all and have returned the figurine to me, final ownership yet to be decided, I should receive full authentication along with the museums asssesment shortly. I'll post any interesting details then.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find forsure, I have found a couple bronze rings over here, but not as old as your find.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's fabulous! Thanks for sharing this interesting find. Doubt we'll ever see another! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread