The silver gods punked me 3 times, but I had the last laugh!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some diggin today at three different spots. First I hit my golf course, I noticed a small patch of trees was cleared out. Found two loonies, an airplane and a worn but rather nice IH cent. I sure am glad my soil is kind to my coppers. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477102370.848041.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477102391.992697.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477102423.606034.jpg

Then I hit an old house I have tried before, just can not seem to find a silver there...and there really should be some nice old ones. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477102548.086074.jpg

On my way home I stopped by the old school and quickly found the little pin. It rang up as silver, but then I saw it was not marked. Strike one.

Then I got a mixed signal, out popped a nail, and then a large silver disc! I was sure it was going to be a silver half. Nope, it's an old heater/oven token. Strike two.

Then I got a really sweet high tone, dug down, and yes! This has to be a silver half! NOPE. Another stove token. Strike three!

Then, finally, a perfect 94 on the Deus. Six inches deep. Silver quarter! It's not that old, but it was nice after all the teasing from the silver gods. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477102920.832805.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477102974.522107.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477102999.140543.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477103025.730461.jpg

And here's some junk. Ouch my back! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477103092.645135.jpg

Upvote 20
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a fun hunt! :occasion14:

Cool token and toys!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds!

Is there a railway switch key on that key ring? If so, I see the winner in the bunch

I'm going to finish cleaning some stuff up tomorrow, gonna check out that key. I believe you're right about it being a RR switch key. I found another one earlier this year marked CPR, so now it'll have a friend.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got the last (silver) laugh- Congrats! Your soil is amazing to coppers!

-- Jeff --

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt! And congrats on finally breaking silver!

But.....hasn't anyone showed you the "de-scrim-in-ator"? LOLOLOL

(DUCK!! INCOMING!!)

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt! And congrats on finally breaking silver!

But.....hasn't anyone showed you the "de-scrim-in-ator"? LOLOLOL

(DUCK!! INCOMING!!)

Thanks WHADI, it was a fun day.

As for that de-scrim-in-ator, I haven't used a drop of discrimination in two years. Besides, my mother taught me never to discriminate lol.

Running it wide open, digging everything is my motto. It's paid off more than once, and look at all the sweet trash I get to keep!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Sweet finds J.

If I thought I was cold here in the Centre of the Universe today, you must have been absolutely freezing in the Prairies.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds J.

If I thought I was cold here in the Centre of the Universe today, you must have been absolutely freezing in the Prairies.

Thanks. It was actually pretty nice out yesterday, although today is cold and crappy. Definitely nearing the end of the digging season.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks WHADI, it was a fun day.

As for that de-scrim-in-ator, I haven't used a drop of discrimination in two years. Besides, my mother taught me never to discriminate lol.

Running it wide open, digging everything is my motto. It's paid off more than once, and look at all the sweet trash I get to keep!

I always run mine wide open as well. But, I gotta ask. If you NEVER use the discrimination, why pay for one of the best ones in the business? :icon_scratch: ;) LOL

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the toys also, I think as a kid I had that plane.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That I.H is perfect. Mice are always green and worn. You dug alot J.Cache!
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always run mine wide open as well. But, I gotta ask. If you NEVER use the discrimination, why pay for one of the best ones in the business? :icon_scratch: ;) LOL

I don't always dig every signal at every place I hunt, and I generally have an idea if the target is going to be junk, although I have been surprised before. There are some spots I always return to, so I am happy to dig and remove all the junk I can to unmask things for next time.

The first reason I hunt with no disc is because the depth and recovery speed and target separation is just absolutely ridiculous on the Deus. Having the disc turned off pushes it even further. Nearly two years ago, I was hunting my favourite spot (from which I've removed piles of trash over the years), and I got a faint iron-like signal with a grunt and a slight high tone mixed together. The usual junk signal. For some reason I decided to turn off my disc and scan again. The signal became two distinct sounds, very deep and close together. One a grunt, and one a sweet high tone. It turned out to be a deep Barber dime almost touching a big nail. I couldn't believe the one signal became two signals with zero disc, and since then I don't use it.

The Deus does have great disc, but the depth and especially the RECOVERY SPEED are what impress me the most. Also being wireless and so light-I could never go back.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
J...those TOYS!! I love them. Nice IH too. Congrats. -Lisa

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done JC. The IHC is sweet... and I like the railway key too.

Well played sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread