Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Go-Find 20
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266-XB
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got invited by some really great metal detecting buddies to a spot just west of town for a civil war relic hunt.

Needless to say I couldn't say no. I ran the AT Pro wide open. Highest sensitivity zero discrimination. All Metal Mode if you will. The first location was clean as a whistle. I had to venture to the farther area of the field to find an area an old home sat in to find my first target. Amidst the rusted nail I got my first solid hit. A civil war musket ball. Large one too. From that point on I got no other good tones.

We decide after about two hours to move to another location. Upon arrival all four of us headed in different directions. Right away I started getting solid signals. Well, you would think in a relic field solid sounds would be good targets, wrong. Every solid tone was trash. So, in a fit of desperation I got a real sketchy 66-72 vdi on my AT Pro. After having no luck with solid clear tones I figured what the hell. I dug it.

Bingo! Got my first ever bucket lister Confederate Enfield bullet. Next sketchy signal was a musket ball, then another musket ball then another and yet another. After four musket balls I slightly altered my path direction and bingo another Confederate Enfield bullet. And last but certainly not least a buck and ball.

The kicker is none we shot. They were all drops. Aside of a few plow marks all are in great shape.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477178625.041228.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477178645.674647.jpg

After I cleaned them up a bit, I added them to my CIV collection.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477178691.263307.jpg

Thanks for looking. Happy hunting yall!

Upvote 7

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take those smooth enfields any day over a 3 ringer. Looks like you were getting parts from buck and ball. They were mostly confederate also. Nice hunt sir!
HH
TnMtns

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Enfeilds congrats on a great hunt.