Civil War Prison..pop,pop,pop, gunshots! (and I hauled butt out of there)

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I went to detect the shortest duration large Civil War Prison in history as noted at this link. This is a warning not to detect there! I had been there 2-3 years ago and found a cool eagle badge that turned out to be WWI era, and a very old fork that appeared to be from the period. I was nervous last time, but didn't have a problem. It's a dicey neighborhood, but there also aren't many people around, mostly just cars going by now and then and houses (no stores or similar that would make it higher traffic of people). So no problem for the first 45 mins or so, no finds either, and all of a sudden loud, pop, pop, pop and I moved quickly to the car threw everything in front seat and then, pop, pop, two more and loud enough they are close, probably on the next block. Luckily I was on a large lawn area on same level as roadway and could choose my route away from where it sounded like the shots were and got the hell out of there. I didn't hear any bullets near me so probably not shooting at me. As Cheech and Chong once said I made like a bakery truck and hauled buns out of there! Civil War Prison Camp Site - Thomasville, Georgia

Upvote 7

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
for some good relics, i may chance it. u need go real early sunday morning. everyone is asleep and there will be no gun fights. lol

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shocked_01.gif
Dang - I would have been running after the first POP!:laughing7:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats really ashame. dope is destroying our people.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,, Deer season, , using modern firearms, is open in certain parts of Georgia,, from October 22nd to October 30th. You have to leave that Antler Hat home when you venture into the woods. Be careful out there buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread