Can I get two Hell Yeahs and one Dagnamit?

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
After finding the 14k ring and the 14k bracelet (assuming it isn't fake) at the basketball court near my house, I decided that I didn't dare mess with a good thing and switch location type. So off to a different court I went this morning. It was super trashy at first so I switched to the 4" coil and man did that clear things up. Within one or two targets after switching, I pulled this right by the hoop.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477242952.992102.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477243041.161385.jpg
Fast forward to the corner collecting change along the way and hit this.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477243112.684861.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477243200.937630.jpg
These are nice replacements for the bracket from yesterday that I suspect is fake! All in all, a good morning.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477243292.294203.jpg

And why a Dagnamit? The new Garrott Pro-pointer I got on warranty is messed up and useless after only 3 weeks (~6 hunts). Same problem as the last one so I'm thinking it has to be a systemic problem with these. It's not like I'm throwing it around. [emoji35] Hopefully I don't get flack getting yet another replacement. I think I'll buy another one from a different brand too.

HH

DigToChina

Upvote 15

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds dude, congrats on the jewelry.

How exactly is your pro pointer malfunctioning?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell ya, hell ya.i love given hell ya's. NIce work.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hellnabit, dang yeah!

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
How exactly is your pro pointer malfunctioning?

It works for about half a minute and then starts beeping/vibrating uncontrollably until it is turned off. If it's like the last one, it's only a matter of time until it starts to turn on that way.
Really burns me that I've finally started to see some payoff for the work I've put in and now will be slowed down when the season is almost done.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works for about half a minute and then starts beeping/vibrating uncontrollably until it is turned off. If it's like the last one, it's only a matter of time until it starts to turn on that way.
Really burns me that I've finally started to see some payoff for the work I've put in and now will be slowed down when the season is almost done.

Is it new new style orange one? I still have my old one and it still works. I did upgrade to the new orange one, it worked fine, and then started going crazy. It was the battery! It starts to signal it needs to be changed by acting weird. I changed mine and it worked like a charm. Just an idea.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Is it new new style orange one? I still have my old one and it still works. I did upgrade to the new orange one, it worked fine, and then started going crazy. It was the battery! It starts to signal it needs to be changed by acting weird. I changed mine and it worked like a charm. Just an idea.

Yeah, the orange one. I'll try the battery and hope that's what it is this time. Last time nothing worked.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Basketball courts have done well for me as well as volleyball sand courts.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep mine did same changed battery and works fine.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, my original Pro-pointer does the same crap. Go to pin point and it goes off on everything, including the air. Going to send it back before long.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you had a fun hunt

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

^ same here with Orange 'Carrot' - gets funky when battery needs a change. dont forget to re-do your settings after changing the battery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread