First jewelry find!!

duxsrus

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2016
OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...sadly I think it's costume. New to detecting for about two months now and finally found something besides junk and clad, no silver yet either, but I don't think it's real. Any way to test for sure short of having an acid test kit handy? It's non magnetic, maybe just plated brass or something? Had real scratchy readings both in the ground and in the air with the AT Pro, 24, 51, 60, 74, etc... The clasp is kinda lame and I even broke it when trying to swivel it open to look for a karat mark. 20161023_131702.jpg 20161023_131958.jpg

Upvote 9

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Costume or not, that's a very cool find. Looks like an ID bracelet of some sort. Congrats! -Lisa & John

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can tell you for sure it is brass and old. probably 40's or early 50's. That is when they were most popular with that style clasp. Still a find showing you are in an older spot and silver might be lurking there. Good luck!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like there is a name on it, would be cool if you could ask the people around there if they might know someone by that name. Someone might get a kick out of it, and maybe open the door to new permissions.

OP
OP
D

duxsrus

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2016
OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best I can tell is it says "Patrick", barely legible when viewed from a 45 degree angle. The place I dug it was a former festival site so there's no way of ever finding the owner. Better luck next time, I'll keep on digging...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking jewelry find, real or costume, still very cool! :occasion14:

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Nothing to be sad about there! Finding costume jewelry is the first step to finding the real deal. It means you are in the right type of places.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
It's far more interesting digging costume jewelry than it is zinc pennies.

OP
OP
D

duxsrus

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2016
OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's far more interesting digging costume jewelry than it is zinc pennies.

Man you can say that again!!! I can ID those pretty good now but still have a container full of them useless pieces of junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread