New Coinstar record for me(no silver)

slikriktn1

Aug 26, 2014
Nesbit,Ms
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Model 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
walked by the coinstar at the local grocery today and saw several coins, just new i was about to find some more silver, I was wrong, but I did end up with $2.65. Paid for 1/2 my lunch.....

20161024_122045.jpg

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work. The most I've found so far is one individual foreign coin but I have my son interested in checking now! :thumbsup:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Score! Thx to Tnet members, I now keep a wary eye open at the one Coinstar near me at Kroger...I've only found $ in the reject tray once, and instantly thought "SILVER"...as there were some coppers and a couple shinies. I snatched the small handful of coins out, thrust them in my pocket and walked (ran) to the car...ugh..3 crusty zincolns, a decorative smashed (pressed) penny and a clad quarter and nickel smushed together with some gooey, sticky, bottom-of-the-console crud..ha. But hey, twas free and I got a cheap thrill and some clad to toss in the "dug" jug...but great score! Thx for sharing, ddf..

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm, spend $5.30 on lunch-

What did you have?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sadly my local Winn Dixie removed the coin star recently --guess most of the locals are either too smart or too cheap to use it much --found a few good finds from the few lazy dumb folks that did use it however over the years ..my best trick was getting the stores cleaner person that had to rake out the Canadain coins off the magnet to save them for me -- when I got about 50 bucks worth -- I mailed the up to Canada to a coin store that sold us silver coins ...I used the Canadain to pay the return postage as well as to buy US silver coins --when I got the cons I sold some to cover the "original up bound postage from America to Canada "--bottom line --free US silver coins for me..at 0 cost ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
slikriktn1

slikriktn1

Aug 26, 2014
Nesbit,Ms
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Model 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm, spend $5.30 on lunch-

What did you have?

This is a local grocery store that offers plate lunches, which are really good and inexpensive
by the way...I had salisbury steak and gravy, mashed potatoes and mac & cheese

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess its all about timing. I saw a little girl check one out the other day. She must have just come from Coin star training camp! She was very thorough. She checked in the coin return and then got on the ground to check under and around it.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
My best was $12.50 all clad, nickles & pennies. No Silver but there was a car wash token. No clue what made the machine reject all that change or why the guy dumping it missed it but I'm not complaining

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
congrats!!! I was finding lots of regular quarters for awhile a few months ago, $1 to $2 at a time. I was on a dry streak recently but found a silver dime last week and 85¢ last night plus a $20 Jamaican coin (worth 15¢ US haha)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread