Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Surf Dualfield PI
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I had the pleasure of a hunt with my good buddy Terry Soloman. We decided to work one of the beaches in Suffolk Co. that I've been working at for the past month or so. I picked up a good number of clad coins and a 1953-D Roosevelt Dime, along with a nice silver Claddagh ring. Here are pictures of my finds. z56.png z57.png

Upvote 16

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds guys! Beaches have been pretty sanded in here in Nassau county

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive hunt! :occasion14:

OP
OP
jp4077

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Today I had the pleasure of a hunt with my good buddy Terry Soloman. We decided to work one of the beaches in Suffolk Co. that I've been working at for the past month or so. I picked up a good number of clad coins and a 1953-D Roosevelt Dime, along with a nice silver Claddagh ring. Here are pictures of my finds. View attachment 1374120 View attachment 1374121

Thanks Claire. You're right, the beaches are pretty sanded in. However, the heavy winds over the weekend blew a little bit of the sand around allowing us a chance to reach some decent targets. Terry also picked up a good amount of clad today too.

OP
OP
jp4077

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Thanks Professor and Trapperart

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Gotta love that silver. Congrats! -Lisa & John

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Congrats on the silvers.

OP
OP
jp4077

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Thanks Lisa &John, Scuba D.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gosh I had a great day being out on the sand with you Joe! Congrats on the Silver, and I'll see you soon. Here is the shot of your finds I took on the beach. :skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG_20161024_132006.jpg
    IMG_20161024_132006.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 71

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Silver,, Coin & Jewelry.
N.Y. State Parks gets $40.00 for an annual permit for their beaches on Long Island. Suffolk County gets $40.00 for the county beaches under their jurisdiction. Neither of these charges include parking fees. Do these A$$holes think we find gold everytime we hit the beach? Do they charge people to play handball, basketball, volleyball, baseball, or any other recreational activities. If they do, it is certainly not $40.00 per person per activity. Ridiculous charges. How many of these other recreational activities remove trash? Sorry about the rant.
Congrats

Last edited:
OP
OP
jp4077

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Your photo came out better than mine. We'll have to do it again.

OP
OP
jp4077

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Sweet Silver,, Coin & Jewelry.
N.Y. State Parks gets $40.00 for an annual permit for their beaches on Long Island. Suffolk County gets $40.00 for the county beaches under their jurisdiction. Neither of these charges include parking fees. Do these A$$holes think we find gold everytime we hit the beach? Do they charge people to play handball, basketball, volleyball, baseball, or any other recreational activities. If they do, it is certainly not $40.00 per person per activity. Ridiculous charges. How many of these other recreational activities remove trash? Sorry about the rant.
Congrats

It does bother me to a point, paying $40 on top of a $65 yearly parking permit. They do have a whole list of things that you have to purchase a permit for. I do make it back though, with the clad I find throughout the year. I can't begrudge the park too much when I see the condition the pigs leave the beach in every day. The park has a huge budget to clean up the mess the beach patrons leave behind and they do an excellent job of cleaning it up. Beach cleanup does not come cheap so I guess we all have to kick in to help clean it up. The little bit we clean up is only a drop in the bucket compared to the massive amount of trash left behind by the everyday public.

As far as the fees we pay, it has all to do with the size of government. The larger our government gets the more money it needs to pay for itself. They can only get so much by taxation so they have to get creative and charge fees for everything we use and do, motor vehicle fees, park fees, building permit fees, parking fees, etc. You get the picture. We need to start electing responsible politicians and demand that they reduce the spending and trim the government down to a more manageable size. If not, you will see more and more fees and the ones we already have will slowly be ratcheted up.

Thanks everyone for checking out my post.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread