pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Posted this in the wrong section and now the computer isn't doing what I want and I lost the details of the hunt. So I'll try it again. Got out for a short hunt on Sunday and I think I got a Vermont Copper out of an uncut hay field between the house and the barns at a permission that has given up some nice finds last year. Haven't had time or the weather this past summer hasn't been detecting conditions because of the drought, but the recent wet weather has fixed all that and turned the soils soft again. I dug a crusty small cent and a silver washed flat button from the worked field and moved the hay field. The grass is really too high to get any small signals as the coil is the ground to the point where it's just large iron and can slaw that come through. So I was tickled to get on the first signal a nice crisp copper sound and digging out a thin copper. I think it's a Vermont Copper and digging it up here so far away from it's original home is kind of cool. :icon_thumright: P1020307.JPG IMG_20161023_152023423.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 26

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Pep that's an incredible find! That would be an incredible find in New England....it's really an amazing find where you are. So happy to see you posting my man. I don't like seeing my good buddies disappear for too long. Makes me worry. I hope you are able to get a variety and I'm happy to help with that if nobody else can nail it down. What a great start to your digging season

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A very nice coin!! Still has some lettering. Congrats! -Lisa & John

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a wild find, congrats pepper!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet old copper find!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this one. vt_ryder_16_obv.jpg 1788

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good looking copper Pepperj! Looks like there's enough left to hopefully get a variety.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post a pic of reverse.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks very old, definitely a Vermont copper 1780's most likely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Pep that's an incredible find! That would be an incredible find in New England....it's really an amazing find where you are. So happy to see you posting my man. I don't like seeing my good buddies disappear for too long. Makes me worry. I hope you are able to get a variety and I'm happy to help with that if nobody else can nail it down. What a great start to your digging season
Thanks for the kind words Abe, it seems that life doesn't allow enough time for everything to fit in and something suffers. I sent a email to you with the photo of both sides, maybe if you have an extra minute you could post up the other side of the copper for me.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome score Pepper, :headbang: that one remains on many bucket lists for sure.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to add these pics for my buddy. I will mess with them a bit when I get home to see if I can get more detail to pop.,
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477506142.391325.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477506158.530168.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions