Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi everyone,

Well had to put my water and field detecting on hold this weekend due to the rain and take refuge in my wooded area where I had found a bunch of tokens, musket parts and other militaria in the last couple of months. The day was starting pretty slow,as it often is. With very little finds by the mid afternoon I decided to wonder in the part of the woods where I have dug some late Victoria-early George VI coins and jewelry in the past. On my way there managed a pretty beat Ships,Colonies & Commerce token 1835 (my first one of that type) and on the spot itself a bunch of George V SC's, one LC and one Edward VII five cents fishscale 1906. While digging havent noticed the sunset and the fact that all the sudden it got dark. Had to go back pretty fast towards my car in order to avoid getting lost in the woods in the darkness. Left the machine on Deus Fast while walking at a fast pace. All the sudden, a very clear signal near the path. Almost in total darkness, pretty deep, pulled a round object that I mistook at first for a piece of a door knob. Could feel with my fingers some kind of struck pattern on it and with the light of the cell phone noticed the Roman numerals. Knew right away it had to be some type of militaria and after a couple of minutes digging in the dark managed to pull the second part of the copper object that represents the flame.

Well guess what, got my first Albert Shako plate ever. Ok, it's not a Revolutionary war or 1812 but it's still a Shako from the 23rd Regiment of Foot circa 1850's and I'm VERY happy with it! It's a pretty large object which was broken in half but at the ''best spot possible'', between the flames and the projectile (pretty sure it's easy to fix). I will include a picture of a similar Shako that a member of this forum sent me when I asked for his help to ID it.

A great little hunt!

Attachments

• DSC_0248b.JPG
    DSC_0248b.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0253.JPG
    DSC_0253.JPG
    799.8 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0255.JPG
    DSC_0255.JPG
    715.9 KB · Views: 135
  • f3c50c0bdff9c3e9dc8f1bac08ec6eed.jpg
    f3c50c0bdff9c3e9dc8f1bac08ec6eed.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 37

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good god, man! I can't believe the condition and overall visual appeal of the design. A bit better than a doorknob :occasion14:

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good god, man! I can't believe the condition and overall visual appeal of the design. A bit better than a doorknob :occasion14:

I agree! Thank you!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best I've seen, patina is great. Thanks Aureus, you nailed it again ;) :occasion14:

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a KILLER find! Bet that target blew your ears off.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A fantastic find! First one we've seen. Congrats! -Lisa & John

penniesmine

Jan 17, 2010
Low Country
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC/ Fisher F-75 Special Edittion LTD Black Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Sweet!:icon_thumleft: Congrats...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread