Treasure hunting by accident

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
Got up this morning at 6:00 and headed to the pool at a local college to check a possible problem with my scuba dive computer being interfered with by my metal detector. Good news is all is well with with both systems on so I decided to swim around and practice.I went into the shallow end of the pool and I spotted a diamond stud earing. Since I had nothing else to do I figured I'ld look for the other one to make a matching set. I did find another one but it wasn't from the same set,ones white gold marked 585 and the other is yellow and marked 14k. The wife looked at the stones and says they're keepers but will have them check out by jeweler.I'm going to have to buy a diamond tester if this keeps up :lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
My buddy has my camera until Thursday next week,if i remember I'll shoot some then

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
If he turned them into lost and found his new diamond tester would get dusty at home and theres nothing I hate worse than a dusty tester. HH.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? CHRIS.

D

Darod

Sound like you found a couple nice ones there! Like another of us said,.....can you post a pic of them?

Rod

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like the your wife found some good stuff ?!way to go man never thought of that always thought maybe the pool filters but cool "digs"

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
If you turn that stuff in, it could cause someone to have a choice of being dishonest! Better for their own salvation you just keep the stuff yourself.LOL<<Free

True Free..BUT......... You can still go to the lost and found to see if anything's been posted. Maybe I'm too old school...lol

M

minelabex1000

buckmild1 said:
If he turned them into lost and found his new diamond tester would get dusty at home and theres nothing I hate worse than a dusty tester. HH.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? CHRIS.

Good one ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
K

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
This is a pool on a college campus and if think I'm going to hand diamonds over to a college kid think again. If they don't stick them in their own ear they'ld pawn them for a keg party ;D

F

Floater

Well root does have a point. But that is one good story. I was wondering if you might send me one of those studs for my Headphones LOL

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a mans watch, rather expensive brand and ran and ad to see if I could find the owner. I got calls from about 5 or 6 people trying to claim it that obviously wasn't the owner. I would have them describe the watch to me and if they appeared to be guessing close I would ask something like, "And did yours have the initials JB inscribed on the back?" They all said, "Yes, that's my watch." I made up the JB initials there were no initials! Never did find the owner and it is in my wife's jewelry box to this day. Lying S.O.B's

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
This is a pool on a college campus and if think I'm going to hand diamonds over to a college kid think again. If they don't stick them in their own ear they'ld pawn them for a keg party <<Keith

This rationale is laughable..........lol Nobodys is suggesting to hand these earings over to just anyone. Just the rightful owner if possible. I've read posts here where folks have dug up class rings and gone out of their way to find the rightful owner. Finders keepers does not always apply when treasure hunting. I enjoy seeing the smile of someone who gave up on something they lost only to get it back.

my $.02

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread