DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with my folks to visit my brother and his girl friend in Tennessee for a couple days this week, of course I had to bring my machine. Their house is a early 20th cen Victorian farm house that I think dates back to around 1905. The place is very neat, I wish I would have taken some pictures of the inside to show, it was awesome. Every piece of furniture, and everything on the walls fit the period , it was like being back in time. When I first started hunting I could tell right away it was virgin ground, I got pretty excited about that. Mostly found trash and allot of it but right off the bat I started turning up early wheat's left and right. I just knew there had to be some silver coins laying around there somewhere. Well it turned out I found what I was looking for on my second run there. I found the 1908 Barber which was a big breath of fresh air. The date fit the period perfect too, was very happy with that. Also found a 1929 s merc, a toasted buffalo, 4 Indian's , and the nicest V nickel I have found 1910. The oldest thing I found was one of the Indians which was a 1888. We where suppose to leave out early the next morning so that night a sat on the porch drinking a few beers taking some dirty picks of the relics and coin's. My brother could care less about this kind of stuff but his GF is a artist and likes to use stuff like odds and ends for some of here art, and I tell you what a artist she is. You should she the stuff she does. So I gave her all the relics from the old place for that and to make shadow boxes. Also gave her half the wheat's and two of the Indians. It was a very good time. Good to see my bro again, and meet his girl for the second time. Well it turned out we didn't leave as early as we planed and I found the parlor token the next morning. Like icing on the cake. Can't wait to visit again, pure good times. HH out there everyone. Have a good weekend.. IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0597.JPG IMG_0573.JPG IMG_0564.JPG IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0619.JPG IMG_0620.JPG IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0617.JPG IMG_0657.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    734.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 11
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Here they are trapper. Was having a little trouble

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots of treasured relics there DI2! Lack of rain has greatly diminished the fall color beauty here in middle Tennessee. Great assortment of relics and I love the flag. WTG, Q.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great hunt, congrats on all especially the barber quarter

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a nice array of finds, looks like you were the first to detect that yard. Love that dime and quarter, congratulations on some super finds!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barber Quarter, Mercury Dime, V Nickel Indian Head Pennies, Lots of Wheat Pennies, Dang,
Plus quality time with the family.
I also like the Skeleton Key and the Billiards Token
Congratulations

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks you get almost 3kg of relics

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of treasured relics there DI2! Lack of rain has greatly diminished the fall color beauty here in middle Tennessee. Great assortment of relics and I love the flag. WTG, Q.
Thanks Q... Yeah they mentioned they haven't been getting any rain..I was determined to get a pic of the flag on the way back..not a bad shot for moving about 70mph down I-81:laughing7: It kind of snuck up on us on the way back.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet, It is a bonus to have family owning property like that. Looks like you had a great day and morning hunt. You sure did pull your share of keepers. I thinks it's cool that you gave her the relics and a share of the coins. :notworthy:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt! Let's see if we can determine where the Square Billiard Parlor was. Can you give a hint like in what county you found it? Not that that tells where it is from, but it gives a starting point. Also, consider posting pics of it on tokencatalog.com
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they live pretty much on the out skirts of Johnson city, I think Carter County.It is very possible that place was a parlor in its time? It is definitely built for it. They said it had four fire places in it at one time.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great hunt Joe! Great finds and good company is hard to beat. Glad you had a safe and successful trip. Those coins are a great find for a couple CW nuts like us. Congratulations![emoji482] the beer with brother sounds pretty good too.

HH RN

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you hit the jackpot. Congratulations on unearthing more history!!

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gorgeous coins! Would love to see the artwork pics! Congrats on a great hunt and family visit. -Lisa & John

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great hunt to me. Coins, tokens, relics and family. What more can you ask for ? And I like that house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread