Short water hunt last night, 1 more Gold & Silver

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Short water hunt last night, 1 more Gold & Silver

Went out for a few hours last night, water was at it's highest I'd seen it when I arrived, but within a couple hours, it was at it's lowest I'd seen it and that doesn't happen much here in Hawaii. But by this time the sun sat, so while I attempted to work neck deep water, all I could think of were sharks coming in close to feed at night, quite eerie and couldn't concentrate so got out or at least got closer to shore.
Anyone know what these little things are the shine or glow when you sweep past them? There are these little lights dash around for a couple seconds then gone. Cool yet weird. Water fairies???? ;D Anyways I managed 1 nice Keepsake 14K white gold band, a big hollow Sterling hoop earring, this gemstone bracelet, notice the tiny piece of metal holding it together? The White's PI Pro picked that up at 10" down. And there was a slipper ring but it broke, junk anyways. Anyways it was a "Golden" sunset. Aloha

Attachments

• 7-11-07-1.jpg
    7-11-07-1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 483
  • 7-11-07-2.jpg
    7-11-07-2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Re: Short water hunt last night, 1 more Gold & Silver

Great ring Kahuna, gotta watch for those sharks buddy.....
I don't know what those light fish are.....

Keep safe...

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

You water hunters find it all. JAW's broke me of going too far out...like over my toes. Way to go and keep em coming!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

I guess I look over my shoulder a bit more when I am detecting in places closer to Detroit, but worrying about sharks :o

Another great lot of finds my friend, congrats and
wooowhooo on the sweet goldie!! Keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

I'd be too scared to night detect in fresh water, let alone salt water!

Still though, that's a mighty nice ring you found!

Congratulations!

Ridley

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005

You talking about the Phosphorescence we used to see in Panama some nights? you could see fish swimming from hundreds of feet away as a greenish white streak :)

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

GrantWA said:
You talking about the Phosphorescence we used to see in Panama some nights? you could see fish swimming from hundreds of feet away as a greenish white streak :)
Not sure, they don't flash until disturbed, like me swinging a detector, it's a white flash and only lasts a second or two. Thought I was seeing a reflection but it was anywhere from the surface to the coil several feet below. ?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread