Black hills gold

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 5 year old son wanted me to go to the park today so he could play and I could detect. Not quite where I was hoping to go today but it worked out in the end. So, not long after we got there three little girls showed up, and of course they we interested in what I was up to. Not long after, I pulled the roosie out. I've pulled many wheats from this park but this was the first silver. Knew there had to be one. After that, the girls were hooked. I had them running the pinpointer and locating the target in the hole /plug. Not 10ft from where I dug the dime, I had a bouncy nickel signal. I told everyone it was probably more junk. The girls went to pinpointing when all of a sudden we all saw a flash of gold. One girl grabbed it so fast I couldnt tell what it was. She said (oooh, pretty, I want it!) I finally was able to hold and inspect it. Turned out to be a beautiful 10k black hills gold ring with a pinkish / reddish stone. Didnt find anything after that but thanked everyone for the help and for being my good luck charms.

Attachments

• 1477870433682.jpg
    1477870433682.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 1477871269492.jpg
    1477871269492.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 5
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very nice gold ring recovery!

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful! I'm still looking for my first gold....thought I found it last week in a playground tot lot. Turned out to be a fake copper ring with a plastic "stone" haha. Boo! Congrats to you!!

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GreT Black Hills find. With all that extra help you were bound to succeed.

OP
OP
rainorshine

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what kind of stone is in the ring. It is a mix of red and pink. Any ideas?

How Lucky

Jul 14, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think, Rhodolite garnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread