Goofing around with the EXPII, Then...

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
...the cross hair thing got pushed up and half out of the screen. I heard that flute sound and dug up this 1945 quarter. It was about 7" deep. I didn't scratch it, but I wiped it with my thumb in disbelief.
Captn.jpg
The location? An old public school near my house. CaptnSE was right!

Cheers!

Ridley

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
SUPER FIND!! I'd be back at that school tomorrow.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congrats, Ridley!!!! I'm very happy to see you get the deep silver!! I just knew you would be pulling more oldies out of the ground. You learned that machine fairly quickly. Faster than most.

I think you will be hooked now with that machine and continue looking for that elusive silver everyone else has passed over. I got a '50 Washington two days ago. I'll post all my silver/wheats tomorrow.

Great job, buddy!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Captn,
I dug a wheat penny at 10" in that same area. The next target was the quarter. :D

That Minelab makes a lot of sounds, but the silver sound is easy to hear, so I kept the faith and dug deeper. When I pulled that silver coin out it gleamed in the moonlight.

I smiled the whole way home, thinking..."Damn! The Captn was right!"

I haven't even begun to learn the EXPII. I'm still using quickstart with the factory settings! :D

Thanks for all your advice!

Ridley

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Ridley, nice going guy. Bet you'll spend many a more nights out at the old school now that you know what silver sounds like. HH

Desertfox

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Dave,
I've heard of having a "green thumb", but you seem to have a silver thumb.
Nice wilver Dude.
-MM-

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Nice silver Ridley... Maybe I should go and goof for a bit...

HH Robert

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good deal. Yes, you are going to be digging a lot of deep targets. Poor MM will have to rely on luck and craftiness to outdo you on finds now that you have that machine.

Bob

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Good deal. Yes, you are going to be digging a lot of deep targets. Poor MM will have to rely on luck and craftiness to outdo you on finds now that you have that machine.

Bob

Ha, ha, ha.
Our deal is, I find the spots, get permission, and drive Ridley to them, then HE digs the coins. Sounds pretty fair to me. ;D Maybe I should stick to Chuck-E-Cheese tokens on the Tot Lots? At least I get to look at some nice looking mother's there, and if I get bored I can play on the swings. :'(
I am not quiting tomorrow until I find a wilver coin! You may not see a post from me for about a week, but I'll get one. :'(
By the way, ask Ridley who found the spot where he dug this quarter,
and his Barber quarter last week, and his Barber dime the week before that, and...........
I'm the "Field Rep' of this partnership. He's the treasurer. ;D
Have a great weekend everyone,
MM

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
MM.
You were right about that spot for sure! I'm headed back there tonight. I'll be there around 8:15. You need to come and see (try it yourself), the EXPII find wilver. It's like shootin' fish in a barrel.

Just don't sneak up behind me like you did that one time. (Yes folks he scared the *$#@ out of me at a school last month). :D

Ridley

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ridley said:
MM.
You were right about that spot for sure! I'm headed back there tonight. I'll be there around 8:15. You need to come and see (try it yourself), the EXPII find wilver. It's like shootin' fish in a barrel.

Just don't sneak up behind me like you did that one time. (Yes folks he scared the *$#@ out of me at a school last month). :D

Ridley

Thanks, but I need to rest up for Saturday, so I have a fighting chance.
I'll be kicking back at home tonight, watching a movie, drinking a few beers, and planning my strategy.
Oh wait, that was my strategy. :o
Good luck,
MM

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Ridley,

Why the disbelief.EX11 rocks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread