Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had time for a quick 45 minute hunt today. I finished my 2nd job of the day 2 blocks from a 42 acre park that has not been kind to me in the past. It has been pounded by many mders over the years. But, being that close, I decided to give it another try. I chose an area I hadn't considered on previous hunts.........

The coins........mostly surface or just below.........
1110 Coins.jpg

Then there were these trinkets..........
1110 Ag Rings.jpg

The rings are silver (ring #s 45 and 46) and I now have more silver rings for the year (13) than coins (12)...........go figure.........
Question: Which would you prefer to find?

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck to all you treasure hunters...............

Upvote 14
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I hit the big lottery, I am buying a motor coach like the one in the pics below and I am hiring a beautiful blonde chauffeur that can cook to drive me around for as long as it's fun. The plan is to meet and hunt with as many Tnet members as possible and to see all the friends that I've had the privilege to already meet and hunt with. Heck the motor coach only costs $279,995.00. I'll be that rich guy on the loose, hunting permissions for keeper coins.

ROTFLMAO..........there aren't enough "likes" for that post!! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bell.jpg

Great finds, congratulations!

Sub 8-)

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is a hard choice but easy to make when you find both underwater. Silver coins are .900 silver and .100 copper. Silver rings are .925 silver and .75 copper. So a ring has potentially more scrap silver in it than a coin depending on weight. A silver dime and a silver ring weighing the same, the ring is worth more in scrap.

Then you have value. If a nice silver ring, you can sell it for more than MOST silver coins. However, lets not forget coins in great condition or key and semi key dates. I have sold dimes for 150.00 each. I have never got that much from a silver ring.

Silver is silver and gold is gold. I guess I will take either in any form I can find it.

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Surf Dualfield PI
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds. I would prefer to find rings.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rings because for me, a silver coin is real rare in my neck of the woods unless a recent drop. I have found 1 dime dropped in a tot lot that was silver probably a gift from Grandma or Grandpa.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet rings!! I'm not picky, I'd take either. I'd much prefer gold over silver rings or coins.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great question! I do love finding the old silver coins, but a silver ring is always welcome! Can I love both? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread