paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a fun one; I tried out two new permissions that are within a few hundred feet of each other and had plenty to dig at both sites. They're both likely mid 1800's, but I wasn't able to find anything that I can date conclusively (i.e. buttons, coins). I did find a bunch of relics that I haven't seen before. The copper decorative piece with the Massachusetts seal I've already posted in the What Is It section, but if anyone recognizes that or some of the other oddities definitely shout out!

DSC08010.JPG

First what I do know is the lower left corner seems to be a brass rein guide. The big zinc and porcelain piece in the center is a "Consolidated Fruit Jar Company" lid which is very cool since I've found fragments of the glass before, but never the whole thing. Not sure on the date though since it looks like they were in business for awhile. The gear I suspect is from a clock, but that's the only piece I recovered.

DSC08006.JPG DSC08007.JPG DSC08008.JPG DSC08009.JPG

The first mystery piece is a copper disk with "WW Series" inscribed on the top. The back doesn't have any marks. The second was found wired together like that. It looks like the two pieces fit together and then can be screwed onto something else. It looks remarkable like a hose nozzle, but this is made out of copper, not brass, and were found in a much older area without modern trash so I'm thinking it's something else. The last one is brass and I have no idea on that one.

I'm hoping to return soon and have more mystery pieces to post!

Upvote 8

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pieces that are wired together contain hose threads versus pipe threads. It appears to be a vintage hose nozzle.
The copper disc with the script WW may actually be an early script MM. Maybe someone's initials.
(Mickey Mouse?)

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only 2 things I can identify with certainty is that the upper left is a antique clock gear and that is an old canning jar lid. My mother still canned with them through the 1950's. They ring up pretty good for me when I find them and have found a few quite deep. Keep digging them, you never know when one might still be attached to a jar full of coins.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the Relic hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions