Bucket Lister for me!! But someone raided my site...

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to a newer site I found, that I didn't think had ever been detected. The sheer amount of easy signals, the absence of any holes or iron laying around, told me "VIRGIN". Well....im glad I put in a lot of hours last time because someone raided it and it looks like the aftermath of World War 1....CRATERS everywhere.....

They left cans...they didn't fill in the holes, left empty cigarette packs...and iron pieces on every stone, wall, and foundation edge. It's deep in the woods, so it's unlikely someone just stumbled upon it. And I suspect there were multiple people as it would be tough for 1 person to do all this in less than a week.

But...oh well. I got my coins and buttons and every other decent signal do at least they had to work for it.

Today I hit it again, and managed a first for me, and something I have always wanted to find.....a HORSESHOE!!! Ive found shovels, hoes, plows, stoves and every other iron blob imaginable... but the horseshoe has eluded me! Haha, I'm sure some of you get tired of finding them..

I also found 2 roundballs, a button and tons of nails. Decent day all-in-all! Thanks for reading and happy hunting! Sorry no pics, left them all in the car...nothing really worth posting....

Good luck and HH!!!

Upvote 7

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you Bud. I have permission to hunt a place and have hunted it several times. Last spring I went there and knew that someone else had gotten permission and hunted it. When I got there he had did the same thing. Left the junk laying everywhere. What a slob. There was iron junk laying right beside his holes. I maneged to find a few good targets so he obviously didn't know what he was doing. What bothered me most was the landowner thinking it was me. I cleaned it up and he hasn't been back since. He better hope I never see him there or I will let him know what I think.

PS congrats on the horse shoe.
HH RN

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on checking the horse shoe of your bucket list. :occasion14:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be sure to get the :censored: varmint claim jumper's permission revoked :laughing7:. I have a buyer in La. who grabs every horseshoe I list. they are an easy sell for luck & rustic charm. never be afraid to dig iron---some relics can be better than a coin :icon_thumright:. I dug an old pulley wheel this week--put a few items in a lot and include honker square nails to hang the relics 8-). now go have some fun, and have a shallow plot dug for the poacher :laughing7::laughing7:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really sucks my friend. There's a reason I try to put myself on the most remote sites I can find. I love these cabin sites with no cellar homes because they are always virgin. Yes they are hard as hell to find but I never have to deal with that crap. Do you ever post photos from your site? Make sure you disable the location services if you do. People are lazy and they are grimy my friend. Congrats on the iron. Get yourself an electrolysis set up and start preserving these great pieces for display

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the horse shoe and sorry to hear about someone coming in on your permission. I have caught a couple on one of mine and ran them off.

Zachbl92

Nov 8, 2015
Quinton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro, Teknetics G2+, Garret AT pinpointer, deteknix xpointer, gray ghost originals
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first horse shoe and bucket lister! My first find, with my little sisters bounty hunter junior was a horse shoe. I was hooked after that.
Best of luck out there and happy hunting!

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really sucks my friend. There's a reason I try to put myself on the most remote sites I can find. I love these cabin sites with no cellar homes because they are always virgin. Yes they are hard as hell to find but I never have to deal with that crap. Do you ever post photos from your site? Make sure you disable the location services if you do. People are lazy and they are grimy my friend. Congrats on the iron. Get yourself an electrolysis set up and start preserving these great pieces for display

I try to avoid ever posting a pic from a site. Usually we stop at a gas station and take a pic of everything in the tailgate. I hear you in those cabin sites! I have a map of some up your way, they must be cabins because there are zero holes, cellars or anything! Just wells! I am hoping my Friday site will prove to be VIRGIN too! We'll see!! Thanks and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread