1788 Reale found in NW Ohio Dried up Creek Bed ( Update Ring Returned )
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
    43 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

1788 Reale found in NW Ohio Dried up Creek Bed ( Update Ring Returned )

Hi all, Gary and I went detecting today in a Dried up Creek bed, here in NW Ohio. What a Day, we started off by spraying ourselves down with bug spray, that always feels good.

Of course we dug the usual junk, beer cans, metal junk and so on. But then it started to get a whole lot better.

Gary's finds for the day included a 1788 Reale, 1962 & 1963 Roosevelt dimes, a Really neat Sterling Silver Bracelet, 2 silver rings and a ear ring and a few Wheat penny's. Wow, what a great day he had.

I found 3 rings, one I think is gold and one is junk and one of them is a 2004 girls class ring, which I hope to return. I also found some kind of token that says LOOK Savings Medalion, and a Mother Goose token that is really beat up. I also found a Rifle badge and eight Wheat pennies, the dates are really hard to read, since I found them all in the dried up creek bed. One of them was under a huge slab of rock, but I managed to move it and get the coin out from under it.

We really had a great day, we plan on going back again tomorrow.

We also found a bunch of new coins and assorted junk including 5 keys and a couple of allen wrenches.

Gary and I got out today, Saturday, can't say we tore anything up. Gary started off by finding a Buffalo nickel, couldn't read the date. Then he found several Wheat penny's and a silver ring.

I didn't find that much at all, my first good find was a Life Guard Whistle and lots of new coins. No ring for me today, but on the way back to the car, I did pick up a deep signal that turned out to be a V-nickel. Gary said that I always get my best finds on the way back to the car. I never turn off my detector, until I open the trunk lid of the car.

We both found our share of junk items and many clad coins.

Hope your having a great weekend.

Hi all, I posted this tonight but they put it in the Honorable mention site. I returned the ring Tuesday to a lady in Angola Indiana. To see the post, see Another Ring Returned on today's listing. Moved by Jeff of Pa.
    HH, Ringfinder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary\'s finds for the day1.jpg 
Views:	1343 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	141787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denny\'s finds for the day1.jpg 
Views:	1310 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	141788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary detecting in Creek.jpg 
Views:	1330 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	141789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary\'s and Denny\'s coins and ACE 250.jpg 
Views:	1325 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	141790  
    Minelab GPX 4500, Nautilus IIB, ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Depth Pro, Fisher 1235, Fisher F-75, Minelab Explorer II, X-terra 70

Oct 2006
    Zelienople
    White's XLT
    1225 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: 1788 Reale found in NW Ohio Dried up Creek Bed

Nice assortment there, especially a Reale.
    A gentleman farmer named Floyd
    With some of his kin was annoyed
    The boys in their youth
    Did not know the truth
    And one of his tools was destroyed

Aweseome finds! Spanish silver is always nice under the coil!
    Finder of Things!

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    308 times

Excellent day for you guys. Those are some fantastic finds. Congrats!
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

Nice coin!
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    Have pleasant times finding pleasant things. 17/01/21
    I open my prezzies out of lumps of mud. 02/10/19
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

Jun 2007
    Asheville, NC
    Fisher 1266X

What a neat looking place to detect!! I'd be in heaven. Love the silver coin!! Get back there as soon as you can!!

Jeff

Holy smokes!!! Great post. Congrats on all those finds guys. Very cool looking hunting spot.
    I love that silver bracelet and rifle badge. Hopefully you can track down the owner of the class ring.
    Awesome job!
    -MM-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

Apr 2007
    North Carolina
    16 times

great digs and post
    That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.......   Robert Lewis Stevenson

us
    Apr 2007
    West Michigan
    White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
    4 times

Great coins! Love the rings, especially the class ring with the cross on the stone.

us
    Apr 2007
    Colonial, PA
    White's Pro XL
    9 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Love the Reale! How deep was he?

Nov 2006
    Central Illinois
    Whites Eagle II SL 90
    9 times

Reale nice Ringfinder! HH
    Coinman66

us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by KirkPA
    Love the Reale! How deep was he?
    It wasn't really that deep, but if the creek would have water in it, the coin would still be lost. It was down about 2 to 4 inches in the stone. What a great surprise for Gary.

HH, Ringfinder
    Minelab GPX 4500, Nautilus IIB, ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Depth Pro, Fisher 1235, Fisher F-75, Minelab Explorer II, X-terra 70

us
    Jan 2007
    Northern Illinois
    Whites XLT Tecnitiks Delta 400
    16 times

Great finds RF--Congrats

us
    Apr 2007
    Austin, TX
    Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
    5 times

Way to go on that creek bed! Keep those finds coming. I have a creek bed I am about to start searching, and it is nice to see that there are great possibilities to be found. Love the jewelry!
    It's better to be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    The definition of average is the best of the worst, and the worst of the best.

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    63 times

That marksmans badge is actually a Combat Infantryman's Badge - first award. It indicates at least three months service as an infantryman in combat. It can also be awarded post-humously if you are killed before serving three months. Stars indicate subsequent awards - usually in other wars. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links