My first month detecting finds!

FLtreasure

Oct 29, 2016
Southeast Florida
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so it's been a month or so since I started detecting, and I'll have to admit I'm officially an addict:blackbeard: Here are some of my first months finds, minus a bunch of junk and bigger items. Can't wait to upgrade my bh1100 and see if a nicer detector will make a huge difference or not for me. Happy hunting everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_5641.JPG
    IMG_5641.JPG
    553.6 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 17

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey man, good for you. Keep at it and you'll soon have a fist full of silver. Cheers

OP
OP
FLtreasure

FLtreasure

Oct 29, 2016
Southeast Florida
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I definitely am going to keep hunting! I can only imagine what it must feel like to find an actual historic relic or ancient coin. It's coming soon to me I can feel it! Lol

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great start and now that you're officially addicted, as we all are, there will be even greater things to come! :icon_thumright:
My first detector was a Bounty Hunter-Radio Shack Discovery 1000 and some of my best finds were with it.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, an upgrade (will) increase your good finds.
But, you have a great start there with that pile of loot! Keep up the good work!!
Be sure to post more of your finds, when you do go that route,
but in the meantime, learn more what your machine can do and can't,
evaluate what kind of detecting you will be doing in the future, and lean towards a mid-priced one next.
Good Luck, and Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
FLtreasure

FLtreasure

Oct 29, 2016
Southeast Florida
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys appreciate the feedback! Looking to spend $500-700 on a nicer detector and a few accessories. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. Terrain wise mainly Florida beaches, parks & historic neighborhoods. So far my best finds have been small intracoastal beaches & parks. Not much luck on Atlantic beaches other than trash and a few modern coins with the oldest from 60's-70's.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look at the Garrett AT Pro. I have one as a backup to my Whites Vi3, and it is my main water machine. You will notice in the todays finds section a LOT of people are digging up some nice finds with an AT Pro. And it is in the price range you specified.

OP
OP
FLtreasure

FLtreasure

Oct 29, 2016
Southeast Florida
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks I'll look into them. I was actually looking at a couple other Garrett models, so at least I was on the right track for a decent detector!

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I'm looking into buying the Garrett AT Pro sometime in the next year (when I save up enough money).

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like alot of water hunting. Florida is the best state for water detecting, go to the treasure coast after a storm and you will find Spanish silver from the many treasure galleons that wrecked there. :icon_thumright:

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job! I like finding any lead I can while detecting now, most fishing areas have tons of sinkers and whatnot in the ground. I find it nice being I melt/pour/mold my own jigs. I would certainly save the lead you get, many people reload as well.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start!
AT Pro isn't the best on salt beaches from what I've read. They are waterproof, but I'd look at something else for salt beaches.

OP
OP
FLtreasure

FLtreasure

Oct 29, 2016
Southeast Florida
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I can imagine the fishing weights can accumulate rather quickly! Funny I was recently wondering if there was anything I could do with the fishing weights. So Ace AT Pro not so hot for saltwater? Thanks for all of the input everyone. Really appreciate it! Oh and yes I've been doing a lot of research on the wrecks off of the treasure coast as well! Hopefully someday soon I'll be posting some photos of some Spanish reales!

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are on the right track! Keep it up! You will find many more great things! Such a rewarding hobby, I remember my first months of detecting :D

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys appreciate the feedback! Looking to spend $500-700 on a nicer detector and a few accessories. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. Terrain wise mainly Florida beaches, parks & historic neighborhoods. So far my best finds have been small intracoastal beaches & parks. Not much luck on Atlantic beaches other than trash and a few modern coins with the oldest from 60's-70's.

I started a few years back and bought a Teknetics T2 SE. It's deep and has absolutely blown me away with the finds. Never dreamed I'd have a pile of 1700s coins and relics as well as a few from the 1600s. It's served me well and may be in your price range. There's a guy on here who sells detectors who is awesome and will treat you well. Send me a pm if you want more info. You're off to a great start. It all starts with the passion and it sounds like you have that. Good luck

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first month of hunting.
The AT PRO is a great machine and it is at home in fresh water. Salt is a conductor and will drive most machines crazy. If you stay up on dry sand, away from salt saturated sand, you'll be fine. There are some who will say that the PRO can be adjusted for salt water, but even though I gave it a shot, I still continued to get plenty of Ghost Signals.
Fortunately, I also own an Excalibur. For salt water hunting, it can't be beat.
Good luck on your choice.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions