Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Friday I visited a spot up in the Bronx that I know was once part of a turn of the century farm. Besides a few pieces of silver, this spot has given up some rein guides and horse tack. So I figured, what the heck. You never know what I going to turn up. I was using the E-Trac.
About an hour into the hunt I got a signal at about 8 inches that could be a nickel. 13-13 is a solid nickel signal but this signal was 10-11. Being that it was so deep, I'm thinking maybe a pieces of gold?? Sure enough, at about 8 inches, I pulled out an encrusted nickel size coin. after cleaning and magnification at home, it turns out to be a toasted "V" Nickel. About an hour later, I got another iffy Nickel signal around 8 inches deep. Sure enough, at 8 inches, out come a crusty Buffalo. Cleaning this one at home exposed a 1930 date. I also recovered 4 Jefferson Nickels. The oldest was a 1947.
I got another visit from the Park's Enforcement Police. I showed them my permit, they wished me luck, and were on their way. The funny thing is, I had just dug out 4 bullets that were deliberately buried at about 4 inches under a good sized rock.

IMG_5555.JPG IMG_5553.JPG

IMG_5554.JPG IMG_5557.JPG

Upvote 11
OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good that you have amnesty from the PEP :laughing7:

The funny thing is that one of them says,, "You know you can't be digging holes in the park" I responded, "Well, that's not entirely true" as I handed him my permit. They read my permit, looked at my I.D., and then said, "Good luck"

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Strange thing is with all the bullets we find in NYC parks you would think Enforcement would be more concerned about that then our permits LOL

Congrats and HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nickel trifecta. :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that sweet trifecta ATW. I am surprised that you didn't pull a single clad nickle to make it a quadrafecta :tongue3: That site deserves another hunt. :icon_thumright:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!