Late night gold and silver on the Bay. Gold Ring #27.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though conditions have been less than ideal lately you can still find a few spots where some of the heavier tgts have been showing up. Once you get into those sinkers, you just have to slow down and check those spots hard and it can pay off......sometimes.......lol

We had taken our camper down to Sandbridge va for a few days ( only like 30 mins from house as a "shakedown cruise" to make sure we knew what we were doing) while there I got in two hunts and didn't get much more than some clad and a ton of copper shrapnel and other old ordnance trash.

20161118_091400.jpg 20161118_165036.jpg

After getting home, i was looking forward to getting out onto our beaches but i know the hunting has been intermittent and conditions have been bad. It started off that way last night. Got out to the beach around 1830, low was at 2000 and i was not happy with the amt of sand still on the beach. I figured what the hell, I'm here, I'm all bundled up ( damn cold last night) so why not go for a long walk and look for better spots as I wasn't finding much in the beginning.

I found a few spots with some tgts but one spot really produced. I had already found the silver ring and its broken buddy in one spot but the next area had the mother-load in it. Mostly lead and quarters at first so i slowed down and went into a grid pattern of the area and ended up with some good stuff. The gold was small at 1.4 grams (14k) and was hiding in the lead and pulltabs. A few other keepers as well, mostly junk jewelry pieces and a metal whistle thing with a switch on it (maybe a whistle flashlight combo at one time?) . Switch is metal and looks like ones on the old flashlights my grandfather used to have stashed all over the house.

Long hunt, started at 1830 and left the beach at 0230. The temp was in the 30's-40's with some kicking wind. Tired after (even now) but it was worth it.

1 x gold ring, 14k 1.4 grams
1 x silver ring
Broken silver ring and silver thing with"K" on it.
1 x junk ring
1 x brass ships nail
Assorted junk pieces and clad.

Thanks for looking and best of luck to all of ya!

20161122_032812.jpg 20161122_032829.jpg 20161122_032916.jpg 20161122_035321.jpg DocBeav 2016 Gold Ring #27.jpg

Upvote 7

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you found the right spot. Congrats. We did a week at Sandbridge several years ago and I didn't have much luck. Mostly junk and old ordnance like you. Never did find the spot. Last summer though we went to Virginia beach and I was pleasantly surprised. Found gold and a lot of coins and some cheap jewelry. Go figure.

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I haven't had much luck at Sandbridge either though I've only been at it for 4 years. I know some good gold finds have come from there but they are few and far between. Plenty of copper crap and aluminum though!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good outing Doc!! If it is there you will find it as much digging as you do!

And Happy TG day to you and the VB Pirates!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread