ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have mostly got settled in Utah now. Decided to do a bit of exploring since I saw a sign along the highway that said Sand Wash boat ramp. Silly me thought I would find a beautiful body of water that I haven't seen.

So I get off the highway and onto a back country road. That road turned to dirt and it kept going and going and going! I ended up at the Green river. No sand there just clay muck. No boat ramp and a dead end road in Desolation Canyon. The road I was on was 35 miles long. How anyone could possibly take a boat on it let alone launch it I have absolutely no clue. The last picture is of my truck at the end of the road.

Beautiful scenery but a FAR CRY from boat ramps in Michigan! I did find a place to detect though but it is very close to the town I live in. As soon as a nicer day hits I will try this beach.

Upvote 23

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow cant wait to see some of your finds post or just pictures . I hope you find lots of stuff and happyness your friend Tommy. keep us updated Scuba that is beautiful country amazing looks like great places to detect there I'm glad for you!!!! Whole new set of creatures out there to deal with!!!!!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pictures Scuba. Looks like a long walk to launch that boat from where your truck sits. Enjoy Utah.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pics, thanks.

It will be interesting to see what you find there.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So beautiful out there! But certainly a much different environment. Good luck my friend

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some beautiful scenery. Definitely fewer diving opportunities, but gold prospecting may provide you some new opportunities. Thanks for sharing.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pics of your trip through there make wish to spend some time out that way to smell the fresh air.

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great luck in your move. Sure is a picturesque place. Waiting for picktures of your finds.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Welcome back to Utah! I never thought I'd see you leave the lakes, region, but apparently, you found a reason to return to the Beehive State. Hope your hunting is as fruitful as you'd like, and your roads don't all lead to the muddy banks of the Green River. :)

LOL, Michigan sure hasn't seen the last of me. I left everything there and my house locked up. I only brought clothes and my cat here for home life. I did bring two tanks, two detectors and some scuba gear. I think I will be back home the end of April to plunder the lakes and rivers again. My daughter found me an apartment and I just finished furnishing it except my new bed hasn't got here yet.

I had NO idea that Sand Wash on the Green River. Now I do though. My visions of a boat launch were not even close to what I thought.

I have been to SLC and Ogden once now. Going back next week with a detector to visit my park. I hope to scrounge up a few more Barbers and maybe another gold.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh my Scub, stunning photos. Thanks for sharing! -Lisa & John

rhedden

Mar 23, 2003
Eastern NY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex
In the fifth photo from the top, looks like there is a cave about half way up on the left side. Possible archaic cliff dwelling? I'd be up there exploring that opening the first chance I got! But first I'd check out any local/state laws about removing artifacts in case you find something of Native American origin. If you're new to Utah, you may not know all the regulations yet. Thanks for sharing these great photos with us!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fantastic picture...thanks for sharing...

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally different world out here, Scuba. We have been wintering in Arizona for about 6 years and you may not find some of the quality stuff you find in Michigan, but there are still some things to be recovered. In your photos I saw some good possibilities. Good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
In the fifth photo from the top, looks like there is a cave about half way up on the left side. Possible archaic cliff dwelling? I'd be up there exploring that opening the first chance I got! But first I'd check out any local/state laws about removing artifacts in case you find something of Native American origin. If you're new to Utah, you may not know all the regulations yet. Thanks for sharing these great photos with us!

Not new here. Live here for 18 years and was a state cop here. Just new to this region. I am surrounded by Ute Indian lands though and won't try to find any artifacts unless I stumble upon an arrowhead. I won't go on Indian land.

I found a park in SLC and took over 100 Barber dimes out of it and my 1893 gold eagle. This was in the 1990's. I left Utah in 1999 and got here in 1980.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics, I think I'd be looking into checking that little cave in pic 5

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice pics, I think I'd be looking into checking that little cave in pic 5

Doug, I saw a few caves. Some are pretty far up the mountain sides. I plan on scoping some out though. I didn't have a flashlight or a detector with me this trip. I will be having fun here for sure. Went to a lake today. Water was crystal clear. Saw a few rainbow and cutthroat trout. I will take a few more pictures as soon as I can. There is treasure to find here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread