Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for the click bait.... couldn't resist. Just returned from the jeweler and the stone although beautiful, is not a diamond. It actually had the gemologist second guessing their tester. Even shows some inclusions or birthmarks under the microscope. I found the ring yesterday in a soccer field about 6" deep. Solid 51 on the AT Pro. When I unearthed this thing and saw that it was 14k and custom inscribed I couldn't help but think of the possibility.....just nitro:crybaby2:
IMG_20161126_113013.jpg IMG_20161126_112951.jpg IMG_20161126_112559.jpg IMG_20161126_112624.jpg

Upvote 22

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a very nice find.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably Moissanite since it does have some flaws. It's still worth something if so.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet find - Congratulations! :occasion14:

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

PAScott

Jul 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still a nice ring. Sorry for your lack of final luck however gold is still gold. Great find and always fun to get your heart pumping.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still a very nice ring, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
That was MEAN. Lol. Great find though! Did you find out what kind of stone it actually is?

Unsure of the stone. Jeweler said it could be a sapphire or a CZ. I will be buying my own Presidium multi tester soon as I have a quite a few rings with pretty stones like that.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Got another place you can take it to? Seen some folks act like they do not know something just to see if you will sell it to them.

Had a guy do this to me some years ago on a ring with a Tiffany number, I knew the ring was real but my gold tester did give me any proper results. I have had this happen before with salt water finds. I took it into a Tiffanys the man said that it was a counterfeit but the gold was real, the stones where all fake. He also said that he would give me 60 bucks for it, I just laughed because it was not worth that in scrap if it was fake.

Took it to a Tiffany in Luxembourg and had it cleaned, then requested papers for the sale so I could find the owner. The man checked it, 100% real, he said that he would be happy to run the buyer down for me and do the asking. I kept the ring, seven months later got a call from that man who said he had been in contact with the owner, asked all the normal questions about the ring to make sure that person did not sell it and then asked the questions that I had wanted asked such as where was it last seen, where do you think it was lost at.

All checked out so I contacted the owner, who was more than happy to show me paperwork, pictures and tell me where she thought she lost many years ago.

Just saying, some folks may say one thing to get over on you.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Very nice ring, my guess is Moissanite, definitely not CZ.
Make sure you really clean the diamond with soap and water and have someone else test it.
I can see some inclusions and it would be helpful to see some better pics. Don't trust one opinion on a possible very expensive diamond.
Looking at the color it appears to be around around J-K
Congrats on a great find.

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice ring, my guess is Moissanite, definitely not CZ.
Make sure you really clean the diamond with soap and water and have someone else test it.
I can see some inclusions and it would be helpful to see some better pics. Don't trust one opinion on a possible very expensive diamond.
Looking at the color it appears to be around around J-K
Congrats on a great find.

Sorry about the picture quality. I use my tablet and it does not take very good macro type photos. The magnifying glass in front of the camera is the best I can do. I really appreciate your input and like I said, I will be buying a Presidium multi tester soon. I just have to wait a bit because I purchased an AuRacle gold tester and a new set of chest waders last week...

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, you reeled me in, hook, line, and sinker! But I was not disappointed. Thiat is a beautiful ring just the same!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread