Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few months ago my neighbor died. She was a great 87 year old woman, and a fantastic neighbor. Her house was sold and the new owners have been remodeling. Ive already posted some bottles that I picked from the trash. Everyday I come home and rumage through the trash when they have been here cleaning out the house. Un believably one of the great bottles I got was owned by a company that is now owned by a member of this site, and is posted in the bottle forum on this site.any way as I pulled into the drive way I can see a sword sticking out of one of the cans. I stepped out of the truck pulled it out of the trash and brought it in the house. It is bad a-s !!! This is probaly one of the best finds of my life. Who would of ever thought you could get something so cool out of the trash. Here it is. photo-234.JPG
photo-233.JPG
photo-235.JPG
photo-231.JPG photo-230.JPG
photo-229.JPG
photo-228.JPG
photo-227.JPG
photo-226.JPG photo-225.JPG
This is a nasty weapon that would still do work in a pinch, if someone was coming through the door. It is stamped R&C and the only other marks are a group of scratched in hash marks in the hand guard. You can see those marks in one of the photos. I had a great day on sat MDing, and now this 3 days later. Lady luck is on my side!!! Hell now that I think about it its been a great month. My wife won 600$ this month on a scratch off too.

Upvote 29

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google R&C sword it came up as civil war sword German made.I don't know civil war related items so no clue if a repro.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Arr there, matie! Now that you have a sword, you can be a real pirate! Pirate - Copy.gif

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Growing up my best friend had a sword that a family member who was in the Civil War carried it was very cool.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic trash discovery! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google R&C sword it came up as civil war sword German made.I don't know civil war related items so no clue if a repro.

Yup, same search same answers. Probaly at the same time you were. Im having a great run of luck recently. I had to take a 2x4 to it to knock it out of the sheath. It had a screw in the sheath and when I took it out it popped out after a few hard wacks. A collar section that puts tension on the blade when its in the sheath came out with it. I pryed it off the blade put it back in the sheath and put the screw back in. As soon as I put it back in the sheath it got stuck again. Once it clicks in its in !!! Have to leave it about an inch out of the sheath.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arr there, matie! Now that you have a sword, you can be a real pirate! View attachment 1386516

Oh hell ya kcm !!! Lets form a crew and board a super yacht or somthing. They dont call me blak bart for nothing.!!! Man, its a long sword and its sharp !!! Things been ground to an edge. Battle ready. Goin right on the wall of my man cave.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will be the second time in a month that I will have to bring the cans over into my yard to go through them. Got some books from the 1800s last time.my neighbor betty is smiling down from heaven right now.!!! I heard the family was fighting over a bunch of guns, swords, stamps , and fossils. Very nasty infighting with the family. 2 sweet old cuban women cleaning out the house. They dont speak any english and are just throwing everthing out now.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Make sure you carry something nice over to those kind ladies. They may even throw out some packed boxes....thinking they're trash, of course! :occasion14:

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R&C is Rohrig and Cie. German maker from Soligen Germany. Imported for the Civil War.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you carry something nice over to those kind ladies. They may even throw out some packed boxes....thinking they're trash, of course! :occasion14:

Looks like cafe con leche and guava pastries for these 2 in the morning. Great idea !!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, time to play the lottery,
Congratulations

We just won the scratch off for 600$ last week. Well my wife did !! She did give me 200$ of it. Guess ill try powerball. Surf the wave of luck till it breaks on the beach.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solingen produced blades for both sides, usually via England...especially 1856/8 pattern Enfield Sword bayonets. They were given contracts from British firms to fill that were past the ability of English producers. That is a great find, and might be worth doing as much detective work as possible to find out the previous 'owner/user'

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Solingen produced blades for both sides, usually via England...especially 1856/8 pattern Enfield Sword bayonets. They were given contracts from British firms to fill that were past the ability of English producers. That is a great find, and might be worth doing as much detective work as possible to find out the previous 'owner/user'

Hey, maybe they thought we were still using those swords when WWI broke out. :laughing9:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say luck is on your side of late. Nice pick! :icon_thumleft:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
made along the style of a US 1840 model heavy cavalry "wrist breaker" by the company Rohrig and Cie...from the famous Solingen Germany (famous for sword and cutlery making) --imported during the civil war a similar one on e bay lists at about 400 bucks but to me it would be priceless --it looks like legit civil war era type item --

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a legit sword.
No doubt from my view... without even close look.

Cool score BB.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful...your new neighbors are obviously insane...they would have to be to throw out a piece like that!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread