better late than never!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    53 times

better late than never!

ok.........so its taken me a while to post my OC Maryland vacation finds........what can i say.....ive been lazy. actually, detecting was tough this year. i only found a fraction of what i found last year. i did get to meet up with Borntodetect while i was there. my brother, ed (borntodetect) and me hunted the beach at 50th street one morning. Ed is a great guy and it was a pleasure to finally get to meet him. anyway i only found one keeper piece of jewelry this year. a little silver ring with a blue stone. it rang in as foil on my Explorer SE. ( my GTI 2500 wont even pick it up in air tests ) it is really thin which im sure is why the detectors are having a hard time picking it up. i also found a cheap stainless ring that had me fooled for a minute. besides that i got a little over $18 in clad. sorry if the pic of the ring is a little blurry. i only have a scanner and non flat items dont scan very well. anyway, it was a good vacation that went by way too fast! thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

us
    Mar 2006
    Massachusetts
    Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
    23 times

Re: better late than never!

great ring for sure ........ and a heck of a count too !!
    keenest hobby ever

Aug 2006
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    duh...duh... DFX
    151 times

I bet your Garrett will pick that up running all-metal (DC).
    That's the great thing about the GTI2500. In all-metal DC phase it still offers target ID. All you lose is the muti-tones.
    There's no way it won't hear that ring that way.
    "The Beauvians are obviously reptilian"
    Riley Martin

Mar 2005
    53 times

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    That's the great thing about the GTI2500. In all-metal DC phase it still offers target ID. All you lose is the muti-tones.
    just tried it. you`re right dan! i rarely hunt in that mode. maybe thats how i will run it on the beach from now on.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

Aug 2006
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    duh...duh... DFX
    151 times

Quote Originally Posted by hollowpointred
    just tried it. you`re right dan! i rarely hunt in that mode. maybe thats how i will run it on the beach from now on.
    Hollow-I used to go on and on about how that's the ONLY way I used to hunt with my ACE250 (with pinpoint depressed, in DC) and how it punched much deeper. Problem was it lost all TID in DC and you would have to attemt a target ID in AC, which was difficult on deeper, smaller targets because of the units limitations.
    NOW, with y DFX, I am finding out that the only way of getting REAL depth with the DFX is hunting (again) in DC pinpoint (or, if you wanna go insane, AC and DC combined) and then switching off for TID. When the AC sens. is cranked on the DFX it will chatter when a bird farts. Running in pinpoint lets me aquire a true target and then go for ID.
    Riley Martin

Mar 2005
    53 times

Hollow-I used to go on and on about how that's the ONLY way I used to hunt with my ACE250 (with pinpoint depressed, in DC) and how it punched much deeper. Problem was it lost all TID in DC and you would have to attemt a target ID in AC, which was difficult on deeper, smaller targets because of the units limitations.
    NOW, with y DFX, I am finding out that the only way of getting REAL depth with the DFX is hunting (again) in DC pinpoint (or, if you wanna go insane, AC and DC combined) and then switching off for TID. When the AC sens. is cranked on the DFX it will chatter when a bird farts. Running in pinpoint lets me aquire a true target and then go for ID.
    the 2500 is a deep monster in true all metal but, as you said, you cant target id in that mode. a nail sounds the same as a coin.i guess if you have the patience and the time you can do as you say and toggle to discrim mode once you have found a target. i would think it would only be practical at a semi clean site though. also the 2500 is not very deep at all in discrim mode, so if you found a really deep good target, you would probably still have to dig it out to id it. that is the reason i broke down and got an explorer se. it has the best of both worlds, depth and target id. the main downside with the se is the slow sweep speed........i guess there really is no one machine that can do it all! thanks for the insight and advice.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

Aug 2006
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    duh...duh... DFX
    151 times

the 2500 is a deep monster in true all metal but, as you said, you cant target id in that mode. a nail sounds the same as a coin.i guess if you have the patience and the time you can do as you say and toggle to discrim mode once you have found a target. i would think it would only be practical at a semi clean site though. also the 2500 is not very deep at all in discrim mode, so if you found a really deep good target, you would probably still have to dig it out to id it. that is the reason i broke down and got an explorer se. it has the best of both worlds, depth and target id. the main downside with the se is the slow sweep speed........i guess there really is no one machine that can do it all! thanks for the insight and advice.
    Hollow-The GTI2500 DOES do visual target ID in all-metal, but it only has one tone.
    Riley Martin

Mar 2005
    53 times

Hollow-The GTI2500 DOES do visual target ID in all-metal, but it only has one tone.
    really! i didnt know that! i thought it was just a single tone machine at that point. i will really have to check that one out! next time i go out i will hunt like that and see how well it does. thanks!!
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    294 times

Nice ...Glad to see you finally post your vacation finds...
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    25 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

So cool to get out and detect away from home, congrats on your finds and I hope your season totals pick up soon! Good luck!

Smiles!
    BDoo
    "I'm a finder, not a loser!"

us
    Apr 2007
    Austin, TX
    Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
    5 times

Nice ring! Way to go on the vacation finds. Keep em coming!
    It's better to be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    The definition of average is the best of the worst, and the worst of the best.

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    PA-MD
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    1646 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thank's Kieth....hope I do as well as you did!!Congrat's on the ring!! Surf fishing and MDing' for me...

us
    Aug 2005
    NH
    18 times

That ring is kinda sweet Looks like blue topaz
    When you get into a tight place and everything goes against
    you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer,
    never give up then for that is just the place and time that
    the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

May 2005
    52 times

Neat 8)
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

Jan 2004
    North Carolina
    White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
    11 times

Pretty ring!

The next great find is right around the corner!

Congratulations!

Ridley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links