Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With gun hunting season in full swing, it's tough to get into any fields so I went to an old fall-back site today to burn a few hours and to enjoy a nice day off of work. The day started slow and I was just digging the typical tacks, lead and the occasional button. The first good find of the day was a really cool ornate buckle piece. After a few more buttons and more lead and trash I decided to call it quits. As it usually happens, I started to make the trek back to my car and I got a good signal. I almost contemplated not digging it but I'm glad I did. Out popped my first cob of the fall/winter detecting season and the find of the day. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

PC020063.JPG PC020064.JPG

PC020042.JPG PC020043.JPG

PC020065.JPG PC020066.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 26

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see you're taking the initiative to get out (unlike me :sad10:). Wayda stay hot on the silver trail - love that cob! Only 4 more weeks left in deer season .....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a great day in that field. Love the cob and all those buttons.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great save, especially given the breadth of that field. Looks like a few other pretty recoveries, too. Keep at it and stay safe out there!

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you're taking the initiative to get out (unlike me :sad10:). Wayda stay hot on the silver trail - love that cob! Only 4 more weeks left in deer season .....
No kidding! Get your butt out of the house and go dig something. Even if you go to an old hunted out site, at lease you'll be digging something. I'm gonna call your wife and tell her to throw you and your detector out on your front lawn and to lock the doors!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Glad you could get out. Ive got to wait till early February for all the hunting seasons to end so Im in no hurry to seek permissions

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about hunting season, just go, don't wear orange though...makes you a better target.

Nice finds, super nice looking ground, and pretty good finds for a bonus ! YEAH ! Never got a cob yet (tear)

Really nice picture quality....I have a small pet peeve, someone wants an ID on something, and just has rather blurry pics. and the subject is a small item in the middle of a big pic.

Kind of envy you being able to hunt most all winter. Ground not froze here yet, but my season is getting VERY short for sure.

Good Luck Out there.

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. Glad you could get out. Ive got to wait till early February for all the hunting seasons to end so Im in no hurry to seek permissions
I'm not overly concerned with small game and bird hunting but those can cause problems with getting permissions. With hunters allowed to hunt on Sundays in VA now, it's imperative to start detecting in early January because before you know it, the corn and beans are being planted and you have to wait until next November to swing on land.

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about hunting season, just go, don't wear orange though...makes you a better target.

Nice finds, super nice looking ground, and pretty good finds for a bonus ! YEAH ! Never got a cob yet (tear)

Really nice picture quality....I have a small pet peeve, someone wants an ID on something, and just has rather blurry pics. and the subject is a small item in the middle of a big pic.

Kind of envy you being able to hunt most all winter. Ground not froze here yet, but my season is getting VERY short for sure.

Good Luck Out there.
Just jump on a plane Rick and come down to Virginia. I have a finished room above my detached garage with central heat, cable, mini fridge, blow-up bed....just bring your detector and sun screen :tongue3:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love that cob Joey! Those relic-pile-group-shots with the cob in the center make me drool default_emot-drool.gif Excellent photos too man. Next time you'll have to take your van and kidnap Bill like they did in the movie Old School. Just swing into the grocery store parking lot, throw in him in and go hunting :laughing7: Great to see you getting out and hopefully after hunting season the ground will still be soft and you can hit some other spots.

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
remind me to go detecting with you sometime. really awesome finds. very nice! congrats!!!!!

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that cob Joey! Those relic-pile-group-shots with the cob in the center make me drool View attachment 1387457 Excellent photos too man. Next time you'll have to take your van and kidnap Bill like they did in the movie Old School. Just swing into the grocery store parking lot, throw in him in and go hunting :laughing7: Great to see you getting out and hopefully after hunting season the ground will still be soft and you can hit some other spots.

Thanks Brad, in all of the years I've been detecting I can't remember the ground ever being frozen enough or for too long to impede any winter detecting.
To be honest, as long as Bill is in his house, the coins relax and come to the surface...that's what I'm finding out!

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sent you an invite to east coast relic hunters group. be great to have you post some of those pics on the page for everyone to relish.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not overly concerned with small game and bird hunting but those can cause problems with getting permissions. With hunters allowed to hunt on Sundays in VA now, it's imperative to start detecting in early January because before you know it, the corn and beans are being planted and you have to wait until next November to swing on land.

Its rare in my area to find any field, especially the good ones near or on waterways that dont have a hunting lease on them. Most of those guys want zero traffic on them

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Love that cob Joey! Those relic-pile-group-shots with the cob in the center make me drool View attachment 1387457 Excellent photos too man. Next time you'll have to take your van and kidnap Bill like they did in the movie Old School. Just swing into the grocery store parking lot, throw in him in and go hunting :laughing7: Great to see you getting out and hopefully after hunting season the ground will still be soft and you can hit some other spots.

Funny you should say that Brad. I was thinking Joey shows up with a Mohawk, in a van like Mr. T and the A-Team. Joey just opens the sliding door and throws Bill and his detector in the back. Lol.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480729057.981557.jpg

Oh, to the OP. I read your text during lunch and spilled my coffee because of it. Thanks!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny you should say that Brad. I was thinking Joey shows up with a Mohawk, in a van like Mr. T and the A-Team. Joey just opens the sliding door and throws Bill and his detector in the back. Lol.

View attachment 1387466

Oh, to the OP. I read your text during lunch and spilled my coffee because of it. Thanks!

Looks like I'm going to have to take my entourage with me whenever I leave the house .... haha! But Joey, I figured you'd be pleased that I'm leaving all those relics and coins in the fields for you to gather up. I'll keep staying home for 20% of the take, make that 30 ....

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its rare in my area to find any field, especially the good ones near or on waterways that dont have a hunting lease on them. Most of those guys want zero traffic on them
We tend to coexist with the leasing clubs and as long as you stay out of their way and leave when asked, they're pretty cool. A lot of them relic hunt and always come up to me wanting to know what I've found. I've even had some give me rides to good spots on the properties and even had one get me onto a dream site of mine.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great day in the field, congratulations on the cob! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread