Fully intact Alaska Jade Adze

Lakota

Dec 2, 2016
Alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
This was found on my land in Alaska. Dating from 300 to 500 years old. Walking on the only hill the ground was flat at the top with low blueberry bushes. Started seeing looked like old path. I learned to read the land over time. Checking it out there was a game trail cutting through. The adze was sticking straight up with the sharp end down into a clay like mud of the side of the game trail. I have been so busy that I have not gone back to find anything else. The old man said I better look before erosion takes part of the hill. I have no idea the value but the quality is the milky lines you see mixed with the green. We are not sure what we plan to do with it except show people. The best of my finds yet. They also found obsidian artifacts about 20 miles to the west of my property. Possibly connected.

Upvote 13

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice eyeball find. Great relics don't all have to be metal! Congrats.

John

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Incredible find! Wow!
Jim

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find!

jp4077

Oct 21, 2016
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Minelab Equinox 600
White's Surf Dualfield PI
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well that certainly is an unusual find. Maybe it was a campsite. There could be a lot more there.

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find. Thanks for posting it and welcome to TNet!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find you might want to post that in North American artifacts forum it is located further down the page.Guys and Gals down there might not see it posted here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread