Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out today to a Baltimore City park that I've detected often; I had also been there this past Thursday and had a couple of good finds. Today started slow but then picked up. My first older find was parts to a small badge that reads "License To Butt In". Haven't been able to find anything more about this badge. Next "good" target was a deep button; it's a tombac. Funny I'd find a "button" after digging the "Butt In" badge.

Next keeper was a no-date buff, first (but not last) coin of the day. Dug an 1864 IHC at a depth of 8 inches. Close to that hole I dug an old cufflink. At this point I figured I may be on a little "hot spot" and, not long after the cufflink, dug a beautiful 1891 IHC. Last good target today was a little dog shape that was part of a metal barrette.

From Thursday's hunt, I've included an 1871 IHC and a 1917 wheat.

The other wheats, the pewter utensil handle, china cup handel piece and the "Princess Pat" brand lipstick case came from an outing a week ago in a different park.

Finally, I had to drop in the 1920 S merc that I recovered last from a late November trek through the woods in Baltimore County.

Finds.jpg

Upvote 19
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks JackalopeZL1! Got in some relaxing coil swinging and not so relaxing hole diggin', with the reward of some tasty finds.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt, congratulations!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, as usual, McCDig!! Your soil is kind to those old coppers. Mine are so toasted, I can hardly get dates from wheats...........

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Chizzy! Agreed! Even the bronze Indian can't stand up to harsh soil. I've seen it just within this park. Looks like the temps will be dropping in the next couple weeks, so I'll get to do some "extreme" detecting.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Professor! Nice to find a semi-key Indian.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If I'm not mistaken, that '71 is a key date bub. Nice find!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today to a Baltimore City park that I've detected often; I had also been there this past Thursday and had a couple of good finds. Today started slow but then picked up. My first older find was parts to a small badge that reads "License To Butt In". Haven't been able to find anything more about this badge. Next "good" target was a deep button; it's a tombac. Funny I'd find a "button" after digging the "Butt In" badge.

Next keeper was a no-date buff, first (but not last) coin of the day. Dug an 1864 IHC at a depth of 8 inches. Close to that hole I dug an old cufflink. At this point I figured I may be on a little "hot spot" and, not long after the cufflink, dug a beautiful 1891 IHC. Last good target today was a little dog shape that was part of a metal barrette.

From Thursday's hunt, I've included an 1871 IHC and a 1917 wheat.

The other wheats, the pewter utensil handle, china cup handel piece and the "Princess Pat" brand lipstick case came from an outing a week ago in a different park.

Finally, I had to drop in the 1920 S merc that I recovered last from a late November trek through the woods in Baltimore County.

View attachment 1387868

Your Coin's Came out Nice Esp, the :1864, 1871 & later IHC's.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunting, I would guess that the badge belonged to some obnoxious kid that wouldn't shut up while the adults were trying to talk? Good finds.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice collection of finds, Congrats!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds ! I believe your "
[h=2]" License to Butt In "[/h]
is actually a Dog Tag.
check close for a Dogs name engraved on the Back

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Jeff! Thought by posting my finds of Saturday would be my "entree" include other recent finds. As you said, my "License to Butt In". Thanks for moderating.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Treblehunter! It has been satisfying to me to pull these good targets in an area that was hit pretty hard by the Hoover Boys about a month ago.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Trezurehnter! Next to the Indians, my next favorite find is that Tombac button; it's likely the oldest item I found yesterday.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Art! So, four Indians this week. One on a nickel and three on the cent. Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Davers! That's the payoff at this part of the park, when I dig an Indian 9 times out of 10 it will come up looking decent. Not many come out looking like that 1891, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread