Another Good Day Dirt Fishing, Cool Relics, a Couple Silvers, a Buff and Some Wheats

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the "Brick House" today. I have pounded this place with both the stock and 15"x12" SEF coil. My mission through the end of the season is to re-hunt older permissions using the sniper coil. My 1st target was the no-date Buffalo nickel. :icon_thumright: A few minutes into the hunt the neighbor lady gets my attention so I walk to her yard. ??? Her daughter lost a silver ring in the yard so If I find it, she'd like it back. I told her okay and got back to swinging the coil.

About 10 minutes later a young couple pulled up in a pic-up truck. They live down the street and told me I could detect there house. They were going to be gone for about 30 minutes. I told the husband (Dave) that I have a detector and enough gear to set him up so he could hunt with me. He was super excited. :headbang: It's great when people see you detecting and offer up their property. :thumbsup:

About 10 minutes later I see the police pull up. :BangHead: I spoke with the officer and he was responding to a call. The "Brick House" is owned by a lady I know who only comes there on the weekends sometimes. After a few minutes chatting with the officer he left and I went back to swinging the coil. My next coin dug was the 1937 Merc. :icon_thumright: I then changed to the stock coil to see if I could find the ring. Did not find it today, but I did pull a little clad, mostly surface finds.

I drove over to Dave's house and started to hunt and in a few moments they pulled in the driveway.
I had already dug the 1949 Rosie :icon_thumright: before they arrived. I set him up with a spare shovel, my F2, and a pro-pointer. I gave him about 10 minutes of lessons and he was off and running. He pulled some nice things. A modern Dollar coin, a wheat from the teens and a real neat printing block. I dug 6 wheats (1912, 20, 44, 44D, 57D, & 58D. I also dug a neat compass that was made in France which was 8" deep. :hello: Another cool finds is "what I believe to be" a cigarette case and part of an ornate bell. :hello2:

All in all it was a great day.

My Keepers from Today

20161204_174854.jpg

All of Today's Finds (less trash)

20161204_174230.jpg

Daves Finds

20161204_162941.jpg

Yesterday, I went down to Akron to hunt a little and did not find much and then I came back to my area and hit 2 sites. I did manage to pull a sterling ring (stone missing), 3 wheats and a token which is stamped with a strange sentence (like it came from a homo pedophile. "WELLINGTON O. LIKES BOYS AGE 15"

Yesterday's Keepers

20161203_173213.jpg

All Yesterday's Finds (less trash)

20161203_173047.jpg

As always. I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 11

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff right there....congrats on some good digging.
That token.....ummm......:dontknow:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day detecting! Good karma with teaching that guy the ropes!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs LD! You probably just changed that mans life. He'll be a member of T-net before you know it. Hat's off to you Bud [emoji106] [emoji482]

HH RN

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Loco, you had better just stay in Ohio. I'm afraid if you ever came East that there would be nothing for nobody!!! Former snake killer turned detectorist - scary!

You're an animal brother, and one I'm glad I can call my friend. Cheers

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff right there....congrats on some good digging.
That token.....ummm......:dontknow:

Thanks Dave, I've found other good luck tokens with odd text.

Nice variety there man:icon_thumright:

~Blaze

Thanks Blaze

Sounds like a great day detecting! Good karma with teaching that guy the ropes!

He seems to really want to detect and did great for his 1st time.

Great digs LD! You probably just changed that mans life. He'll be a member of T-net before you know it. Hat's off to you Bud [emoji106] [emoji482]

HH RN

Thanks RN, they are without a computer at the moment, but I can see him joining. He was bit bad today. :thumbsup:

Loco, you had better just stay in Ohio. I'm afraid if you ever came East that there would be nothing for nobody!!! Former snake killer turned detectorist - scary!

You're an animal brother, and one I'm glad I can call my friend. Cheers

Once the wife and I hit a big POWERBALL is when you should be worrying Steve. :tongue3: My motor coach will parked in the NE somewhere so can I can concentrate on the colonial coins and relics. Looking forward to hunting with you again this spring. Keep amazing me with your finds. :notworthy:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice mix of finds, congrats on the silvers. That's a first regarding the personal token,kind of strange.

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a couple good hunts. When you get that camper east let me know I have a couple places that might be hiding something

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not just a great hunt, Loco-Digger......with all the company you had, it sounds like an adventure, also!!
You still have that silver knack goin' on........2 in one day, again!! Good luck finding that lost ring............:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice mix of finds, congrats on the silvers. That's a first regarding the personal token,kind of strange.

Thanks pepperj, kinda makes ya wonder. :dontknow:

Congrats on a couple good hunts. When you get that camper east let me know I have a couple places that might be hiding something

Thanks Art, your definitely on the list of Tnetters that I want to hunt with someday.:notworthy:

Nice digs loco great to be out in December. Hh gl

Thanks Charlie :icon_thumright: got about 5 or 6 weeks left... maybe, looks like you had a great day yourself. :occasion14:

Not just a great hunt, Loco-Digger......with all the company you had, it sounds like an adventure, also!!
You still have that silver knack goin' on........2 in one day, again!! Good luck finding that lost ring............:icon_thumright:

Thanks Chizzy, looking forward to taking Dave out digging in the near future, as for the ring, I too would like to find it, maybe the next time I visit the "Brick House".

Nice day!!

Thanks JZL1

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done LD! Silver coins and a silver ring! Shiny.

As stated prior, awesome token.... poor Wellington O. has been outed by a carnival token! Excellent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread