Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That'll learn me to get too sure of myself..........

1205 Trash.jpg

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck on all your hunts!!

Upvote 7

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely not a hobby for the impatient just keep on digging the good stuff will come

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha! I have plenty of hunts like that, but it makes success all the sweeter. Your next one will be better:)

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all have many days like that. I kept zooming in on the picture and thinking I would find a treasure in there for you. No such luck LOL

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't worry Chizzy, we all have hunts that produce little to no keepers. Your next hunt will be a killer! :icon_thumright:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, anyone one of those pull-tabs coulda been a nice gold ring.
One day one will.
Kudos!
Carl

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happens, keep digging brother

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Consider the hunt a cleansing of the area to find the more desirables.

Doc Arey

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2011
Occupied Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 WHITE MXT & NEW VX3 a At Pro and a few others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a old ball park that I have dug a thousand pull tabs Plus....and that's about it but I know there a pony in there some where.:BangHead:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't tell but looked like a Chinese coin with the square hole in the mix.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely not a hobby for the impatient just keep on digging the good stuff will come

Thank goodness I've finally learned patience.........although it did take a while!! Thanks, art.................

Ha! I have plenty of hunts like that, but it makes success all the sweeter. Your next one will be better:)

Hunts like this have been few and far between, Scrappy.........but, I know they are to be expected. It's just bad timing with Ole Man Winter movin' in and limiting the good days to hunt...........:tongue3:

We all have many days like that. I kept zooming in on the picture and thinking I would find a treasure in there for you. No such luck LOL

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

Thanks for double checking me, relic lover!! But, the only interesting find was something I probably lost along the way........a marble.......still lookin' for the rest of mine!!

Don't worry Chizzy, we all have hunts that produce little to no keepers. Your next hunt will be a killer! :icon_thumright:

Sure hope so, Doc.......keeping an eye on the weather to find another window that fits my work schedule!! "Get back on the horse......"

Hey, anyone one of those pull-tabs coulda been a nice gold ring.
One day one will.
Kudos!
Carl

Yeah......the gold ring.......still lookin' for one that I can keep!! Part of my "goals" for the year........thanks for the positive re-enforcement, Carl!!

Happens, keep digging brother

Yup.......all tools at the ready, treblehunter!!

Consider the hunt a cleansing of the area to find the more desirables.

Whew......this area is gonna need LOTS of cleansing!! :laughing7: Thanks, fish1on.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just what were you exactly "sure of"? In THIS hobby!?!? :tongue3:

Anyway, your digging hand should at least be stronger for next time. ;)

Always seek the positive! :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nullum dolorum, nullum quaestum. :skullflag::headbang:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No one can accuse you of not trying. Which detector were you swinging? What kind of site? A vacant lot?

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a old ball park that I have dug a thousand pull tabs Plus....and that's about it but I know there a pony in there some where.:BangHead:

Hi, Doc......yeah, I've hit a couple of pull tab parks.........one new one on Sunday! Yep, I'm goin' back to find that keeper that's in there!!

I couldn't tell but looked like a Chinese coin with the square hole in the mix.

I checked the washers over carefully.......I almost got fooled once before. Thanks, though, for double checking..........

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just what were you exactly "sure of"? In THIS hobby!?!? :tongue3:

Anyway, your digging hand should at least be stronger for next time. ;)

Always seek the positive! :)

I was sure that I'd come up with a dollar in clad......it's the 2nd time I've been short. I was sure that this new permission, that is next to 2 others that had given up silver, would do likewise. I was sure that there would be at least one good relic...........
Now, I'm sure that I'm not sure of anything.............:laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one can accuse you of not trying. Which detector were you swinging? What kind of site? A vacant lot?

Still swinging the Compadre, Loco-Digger.......til spring, then I learn the Vaquero!! It was a new double house permission.......some front and back yard areas. This one is just a couple of doors north of the last two (both gave up lots of wheats and silvers).
This one is odd.......it's either trash signals or no signals. Toward the end of the day, I got desperate and dug everything!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still swinging the Compadre, Loco-Digger.......til spring, then I learn the Vaquero!! It was a new double house permission.......some front and back yard areas. This one is just a couple of doors north of the last two (both gave up lots of wheats and silvers).
This one is odd.......it's either trash signals or no signals. Toward the end of the day, I got desperate and dug everything!!

I tend to dig more trash targets when good signals are scarce. Think that those lots may have been cherry picked in the past 5 decades?

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to dig more trash targets when good signals are scarce. Think that those lots may have been cherry picked in the past 5 decades?

It's possible.......there were quite a few mders around here during the 70's and 80's........
I've talked to some of the old timers from that era and they regale me with tales (no doubt some of them tall tales) about picking silver like it was growing on ground vines.
I still get my (more than) fair share of trash targets because I tend to dig everything that repeats in the disc range I am set for.........but, I still manage to pull some good stuff!! I'll go back there and try again........I don't give up easy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread