White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
X-TERRA 705, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys! Last weekend was generous for me - I was pretty much on the roll finding my bests from different categories. Today I am posting the silver ring with the right stones ( two diamonds and one water sapphire). It happened on Saturday when I and buddy dug one school soccer field in Toronto. The ground turn out to be not original and only clad coins came out of the soil. In the middle of hunt I pulled out this beauty but I didn't know that it is a gem till I came home and cleaned it by tooth brush. It is slightly bent though as you can see and has markings inside 925 JAH but if you look from another side it seems like it is HVP . I don't know exactly who was silversmith but... This guy was real monster. I found many silver and not only silver rings but my wife requested this one. Soon I am gona see the jeweler to rectify it and fit it for my half. PS - thanks my colleagues from Canadian forum to find the right answer for the stone.... Appreciate that.:icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 20161203_134533.jpg
    20161203_134533.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • 20161205_180450.jpg
    20161205_180450.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 20161205_180707.jpg
    20161205_180707.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 14
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice ring find! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly a STUNNER of a silver ring...definitely a lot of craftsmanship in that one..I can see why the other half claimed it! Easily repaired by a decent jeweler...congrats! Ddf

OP
OP
White Wolf

White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Certainly a STUNNER of a silver ring...definitely a lot of craftsmanship in that one..I can see why the other half claimed it! Easily repaired by a decent jeweler...congrats! Ddf

Thanks Man. Glad you liked it. It was really nice find and I realized that only after I cleaned it by tooth brush cause the stones were patched by the soil. My eyes were opened wide when two small suckers showed up and the natural color of the sapphire was revealed ( silver ring usually comes with more or less cheaper configuration but not this one). I heard from my buddy that sometimes people just don't like gold with gems and they order silver rings. That is probably this case. Just my guess...

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Man. Glad you liked it. It was really nice find and I realized that only after I cleaned it by tooth brush cause the stones were patched by the soil. My eyes were opened wide when two small suckers showed up and the natural color of the sapphire was revealed ( silver ring usually comes with more or less cheaper configuration but not this one). I heard from my buddy that sometimes people just don't like gold with gems and they order silver rings. That is probably this case. Just my guess...

I've also learned that some people are actually allergic to gold...hence the fancy silver ring...hope the other half enjoys it!!! Ddf

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good silver!

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big stone looks like an amethyst

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
White Wolf

White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big stone looks like an amethyst

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks Man. The stone is amethist (maybe) but one sophisticated silverthsmith from UK id it as a water sapphire or iodolite .

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty iolite! Congrats. -Lisa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread