Roanoke Virginia Indian Artifact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjon12

Dec 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in a gravel bed in a creek in the vicinity of Roanoke VA over the Thanksgiving holiday. I can't imagine this shape coming naturally or through erosion of a stone like this without the erosive force also polishing it somewhat. Any ideas on whether or not this is an indian artifact and if so what kind?

IMG_3807.JPG IMG_3808.JPG IMG_3809.JPG IMG_3810.JPG

Upvote 1

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is out learning what he needs to in order to understand what he has. You guys might want to learn the system. So when you go looking for whatever it is you hunt for. There just might be something you see more interesting. It's out there but you want be finding anything if you don't know what to look for.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
He is out learning what he needs to in order to understand what he has. You guys might want to learn the system. So when you go looking for whatever it is you hunt for. There just might be something you see more interesting. It's out there but you want be finding anything if you don't know what to look for.

You need to know what you're looking for, like Nicolas Cage in National Treasure.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481250306.679131.jpg

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it all depends on what side of the country you live in. The system is the same. It how the they are used that matters. Look you are on Treasure Net. There is more than Native American Artifacts out there

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rock is a rock is a rock. For something to be a stone artifact early man needs to have reshaped it in some way...

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Petrified elephant dong...

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rock is a rock is a rock. For something to be a stone artifact early man needs to have reshaped it in some way...
That could include.,encrypting ,staining,or any other modification.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone is only looking for tool marks to make a judgement call. Is not a true and accurate assessment. There many pieces shown on here judged that way. Missing the mark. I bet I spend more time in the field in a month than most spend in years. I specialize in one thing. That is the old stone work of the preist. It comes in many forms. Just so happens they did a lot of the stone points that you guys like to collect. When you make a call on a piece that is wrong. Like in this case. I will speak out. It doesn't look like much. That is the purpose of it. It is made to look Natural not draw attention. Hard for some to believe. The point is to be hidden in plain sight. Only a trained eye would see it. Over and over I have explained that point. The men I'm talking about got in trouble with the Kings of their time. They were only loyal to the order.they had to use a system that was unknown to the outside world. Many other orders including the Knights of the Golden Circle. Not to mention the Men of King Solomon. Look it up and lets put this beaten horse to rest.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No tool marks, no signs of man's hand working on stone at all........... A rock is a rock is a rock, ....

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No tool marks, no signs of man's hand working on stone at all........... A rock is a rock is a rock, ....
So are you speaking as the Moderator or a person who has the knowledge to tell the difference? People see you as a moderator and think that has wieght. When it is your job to keep the sight clean. Opposed views is one thing. There all rocks yes. Not all are the same. Bring objective can be a good thing. It give way to debate and can force a conclusion. In the end the answer will come out and I will be standing. That is something I'm sure of. I do have an advantage that your not aware of. That is my Ace in the hole. What will it take from you. Let me put it this way how would you like to solve this debate? Get the best person you know who knows about Jesuit stone work. Let me know and I will set up some kind of meeting. Then all I want from you is to concede. Simple!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are you speaking as the Moderator or a person who has the knowledge to tell the difference? People see you as a moderator and think that has wieght. When it is your job to keep the sight clean. Opposed views is one thing. There all rocks yes. Not all are the same. Bring objective can be a good thing. It give way to debate and can force a conclusion. In the end the answer will come out and I will be standing. That is something I'm sure of. I do have an advantage that your not aware of. That is my Ace in the hole. What will it take from you. Let me put it this way how would you like to solve this debate? Get the best person you know who knows about Jesuit stone work. Let me know and I will set up some kind of meeting. Then all I want from you is to concede. Simple!!!

What does being a mod have to do with my comments on an artifact? I have been collecting artifacts for 35 years. There is nothing visible on this rock that says it was worked by man.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does being a mod have to do with my comments on an artifact? I have been collecting artifacts for 35 years. There is nothing visible on this rock that says it was worked by man.
7e46434fb1a205d2845f1c83e711f2af.jpg
this is my point. Does this look like it's been worked? It has a lot of work on it. Pm me and I will show you more. I don't doubt for a min.you don't have some experience.ok let me prove it I private. There are some thing that are not to be seen. It's all I ask of you.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
7e46434fb1a205d2845f1c83e711f2af.jpg
this is my point. Does this look like it's been worked? It has a lot of work on it. Pm me and I will show you more. I don't doubt for a min.you don't have some experience.ok let me prove it I private. There are some thing that are not to be seen. It's all I ask of you.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481312011.891603.jpg

Does it glow when you hold it? That's always a dead giveaway for me.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you scrappy the answer is only when held to the light. Seek the truth and you will find it. What I've said is part of it.
God Blessing to you.
Bob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will give you guys this information. Look at it in sections. It's a picture in a picture type thing. Take small pieces at a time. If you see two dots together it probably is eyes. Good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will give you guys this information. Look at it in sections. It's a picture in a picture type thing. Take small pieces at a time. If you see two dots together it probably is eyes. Good luck.

So a rock with 2 dots is a Jesuit rock with eyes..... LOL

This is the American indian Artifact forum, not a rock forum or "Jesuit" rock forum...Please don't hijacking someone else's thread, these pictures of rocks do not belong on this thread or this forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread